Ok, after the love fest, here's my problems so far:
1) I am alble to see and play all of my dvd rip folders on the Netdisk with Mplay. When I use the standard viewer to try and play the contents of the movie folder, the media viewer doesn't see the DVD files and cant' play them. This is with one exception as noted in my last post: the one directory that has a "default.pls" file. What is this file?
2) I just tried to open a folder with 182 7.1MP images. It slowly thumbnailed the first 7 or so, then it choked and freezed. Is this a memory limitation?
3) Same thing with music (7600+ MP3 files). When it scans the root MP3 folder, it chokes for what seems like an eternity then finally is able to see all the songs.
4) General performance when handling large quantities of of media files on my box is not acceptable. My guess is the only 28MB available on my rev 1 box.
1) I believe the default player will only see the movies if they have an MPG extension. I'd have expected this to be fixed by now, but maybe not.
2) Not sure about this, as I don't do much with photos.
3) I have over 20k MP3 files on my share, and the Roku can see them fine. I do have them organized into Artist/Album folders. Maybe this is the difference?
4) Again, I have a Rev A and don't have any problems. If you have all of your media files in a single folder, I could understand a performance hit, otherwise I wouldn't think you should have a problem.