First let me apologize about the regressions --- I have a battery of tests that I do here, and all of them passed (including shares with spaces in them and shares of drives), so I want to find out what is different for those of you who are having problems.
Please use this thread to report any new bugs in share mounting behavior. Please try to include the following information in your report:
- 1. sharing host operating system (including what service pack if windows)
2. sharing host name and share name
3. whether you have firewall software on your sharing host
4. whether shared folder is actually a disk
5. whether you are using guest or a named account
6. whether you are using a password
7. if sharing host is linux or mac, please attach your smb.conf
8. whether your share appeared in the Network Shares list after a "clear and rescan"
9. whether there was an error message when you selected the checkbox next to your share
10. if you are running windows, whether the messenger service is running.
After fixing the bugs, I'll also do my best to include your configuration in my testbench, so this doesn't happen in the future.