Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

rodhew
Topic Author

Some 2.0.36 observations

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:57 pm

I upgraded from 2.0.34 to 2.0.36 and notice:

1. HD playback via MPlay from an XP box is MUCH better. I record using TSReader and it generates a VBR "transport stream" - 720p was never a problem because of the low bitrate the networks enforce on their affiliates, but 1080i from NBC and CBS would always stutter and screw up the AC3 output on complex pictures. Now the filesystem can keep-up, all of these issues are gone.

2. DVD scene changes still screw up audio. The easiest way to see this is to get a copy of the movie Elisabeth - rip it and play the main movie. Within 30 seconds, there's a scene change in the VOB and that mucks up every time.

3. I used to be able to play M4A (Hym'ed iTunes content) just fine with the internal audio player. Now they kill playback. MP3 are fine.

So so close... Look forward to the 2.0 release.

Rod
(Developer of TSReader)

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Some 2.0.36 observations

Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:05 pm

rodhew wrote:
2. DVD scene changes still screw up audio. The easiest way to see this is to get a copy of the movie Elisabeth - rip it and play the main movie. Within 30 seconds, there's a scene change in the VOB and that mucks up every time.

Are you using the latest version of MPlay? It's packaged with a MPlayDVD.roku (same as MPlay.roku but with the -TSFix flag set) that should fix this problem for you.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

rodhew
Topic Author

Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:54 pm

Thanks! Hadn't noticed the new version - fixed that right up!

Rod