Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

rick42_98
Topic Author

Upgraded to 2.0.36 but......

Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:46 pm

:?: - I just upgraded to 2.0.36 by clicking upgrade button in the Software Menu page in Setup. The system rebooted, I reset my video settings, all looked OK but when I went into setup the system reported that I was still at 2.0.35. What gives??....I am upgrading yet again...We'll see what happens this time. Anyone with any thoughts on this?

MoJo

Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:52 pm

I gotta ask this just in case.... :-)

Any chance you have 2.0.35 on a compact Flash card (in your cf slot) that got re-installed when the Roku rebooted?

rick42_98
Topic Author

duh.....I am a dummy

Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:44 pm

yup...thats it....I have 2.0.35 on the CF card. OK...so how do I upgrade? Just download it to my pc, move it to the card and do it that way?....How do I make it so I can upgrade by hitting the upgrade button?

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: duh.....I am a dummy

Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:53 pm

rick42_98 wrote:
yup...thats it....I have 2.0.35 on the CF card. OK...so how do I upgrade? Just download it to my pc, move it to the card and do it that way?....How do I make it so I can upgrade by hitting the upgrade button?

Just remove the formatup.rok file from you CF card, and you should be able to upgrade fine. If formatup.rok exists on the CF card, then the Roku is going to load that firmware everytime you boot.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)