Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mikecazzx
Topic Author

Scaling Issue: 720p does not fill screen

Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:31 pm

With my HTPC I have a perfect 16:9 at 720p.

With the Roku fully maximized I fall about 6" short filling my screen horizontally at native mode on my Optoma H78DC3.

Any ideas?

mikecazzx
Topic Author

Re: Scaling Issue: 720p does not fill screen

Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:42 pm

mikecazzx wrote:
With my HTPC I have a perfect 16:9 at 720p.

With the Roku fully maximized I fall about 6" short filling my screen horizontally at native mode on my Optoma H78DC3.

Any ideas?

No ideas ? - bye bye Roku - back to the store we go.

Interactive

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:04 am

mikecazzx: Before you return it, I had a similar problem and I have an idea for you. Are you using a different input into your projector for the Roku box? When I switched my connectivity from component over to VGA because I was running out of much needed component inputs, the Roku box simply wouldn't fill up my screen, even after maximizing the screen adjuster within settings. I finally had to go to my PROJECTOR settings and adjust the picture size there. I have an Infocus ScreenPlay 7200 and there are different picture size /position settings for each input.

Not totally sure if this the issue with your Optoma but certainly worth a try....

mikecazzx
Topic Author

Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:26 am

Interactive wrote:
mikecazzx: Before you return it, I had a similar problem and I have an idea for you. Are you using a different input into your projector for the Roku box? When I switched my connectivity from component over to VGA because I was running out of much needed component inputs, the Roku box simply wouldn't fill up my screen, even after maximizing the screen adjuster within settings. I finally had to go to my PROJECTOR settings and adjust the picture size there. I have an Infocus ScreenPlay 7200 and there are different picture size /position settings for each input.

Not totally sure if this the issue with your Optoma but certainly worth a try....

I used my Optomas settings to get it centered and somehow I was able
to go back into the Rokus setup multiple time to keep stretching it. Now it fits. Very impressed with the units picture quality via VGA to RGBHV.

I still may go with the newer box from another manufacturer since it plays more formats and has an internal dvd drive.

srobertson2469

Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:35 am

I'm running my Roku through my Yamaha receiver via component just like my DVD player and Sat receiver.

I therefore have just one component cable feed to my Panasonic PTAE700 and am having the same issue.

My Roku display leaves about 3-4" of unused space (even after streatching the screen using the setup GUI on the HD1000) on the screen while the output from the DVD and Satellite fill the entire screen.

As the loss of just 3-4" isn't that big a deal, I'd love to hear if there are other ideas of what I can try.

museumsteve

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:34 pm

I've always had a border all round the screen using 720p on my Sony HS50, I just put it down to the PJ :( shame cos I'd rather use 720p as it's the PJs native res)