Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

improv

Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:30 am

My first loggin in ages and I see nothing has changed...

dgburns wrote:
mlknez wrote:
over 80 of a competing product

Well... Roku higher ups should sure hear about losing $24000+ of revenue because their staff (or they themselves) don't support their product!

Given

All PhotoBridge HD models are out of stock until April 2006.

I think they already know.

If a small company can go close to 6 months without stock then we all know the value of the product to the company.

Personally, I lost interest in Roku a long time ago. The lack of communication has driven me away as a customer.

jor

Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:29 am

improv wrote:
Personally, I lost interest in Roku a long time ago. The lack of communication has driven me away as a customer.

still seem to retain some interest.

dgburns

Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:10 pm

jor wrote:
still seem to retain some interest.

I dunno, prolly in the same boat a lot of us are in. We come back because we HOPE something will happen, and to get the latest 3rd-party apps for a device with no life support from it's manufacturer. I've personally by bookmarked all the 3rd-party folks sites, since I suspect these forums will go away some day (sooner than later???) or the return of the heavy censorship that existed last year. Sorta funny when you think about it, eh? Over on AVSForum these Roku forums have a rep for being heavily censored of any negative commentary about the Photobridge. So, either Roku decided that was bad for business, or even THAT lack of forum interest is just another indicator of the death knell ringing.......
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)
Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV
Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's
PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext
M1000 (upstairs)
HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)
Visco 32" LCD
AR 2.1 audio system
PS/2

Messiah

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:42 am

I'm guessing that with zero reposnse from the Roku Development Team (seems a bit of a misnomer to me :lol: ) that the HD1x00 is now dead, in development terms.

Maybe someone from Roku would like to prove me wrong. Please.....

Toots Mutant

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:03 pm

I don't know if I'd say "dead."

I'd say, "probably behind 'washing the boss's car' on the priority list."

Messiah

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:15 pm

Toots Mutant wrote:
I don't know if I'd say "dead."

I'd say, "probably behind 'washing the boss's car' on the priority list."

As I said, 'dead' :lol:

Saul

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:47 pm

From the business perspective it doesn't make sense to spend development efforts for a product that has stopped shipping. If they really do start shipping again then they can justify spending $$$.

A lot of Roku's problem is no advertising so consumers don't know what Roku products can do for them.

They really need to come up with some application that can let Joe consumer show off his new plasma TV. Showing pictures and the ArtPaks are a start but not enough. At least the new R1000 is something that BestBuy can easily demo in the store.

The faithful will wait to see what happens in April. or May. or June. or ...

dgburns

Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Saul wrote:
From the business perspective it doesn't make sense to spend development efforts for a product that has stopped shipping. If they really do start shipping again then they can justify spending $$$.

A lot of Roku's problem is no advertising so consumers don't know what Roku products can do for them.

They really need to come up with some application that can let Joe consumer show off his new plasma TV. Showing pictures and the ArtPaks are a start but not enough. At least the new R1000 is something that BestBuy can easily demo in the store.

The faithful will wait to see what happens in April. or May. or June. or ...

Personally, I think the marketing ploy they need to take is provide a slug to every Tweeter, etc. high end videophile store, loaded up with primo demo content. I took my linux box into my local Tweeter (it'll boot and run NFS sharing in headless mode), hooked up a PB (from their inventory) to it, ran Mplay off my linux share and streamed some content into their distribution system. The staff has floored by the quality. They were going to look into setting up their own linux box or slug, but want ME to provide the content to demo on it!
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)

Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV

Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's

PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext

M1000 (upstairs)

HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)

Visco 32" LCD

AR 2.1 audio system

PS/2

pg_rider

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:33 am

Saul wrote:

Funny you say that -- the only way I ever heard about the PB (and the reason I bought it) was from a little blurb in PC Magazine's "Best Of" section. They rated the PB as the best media server out there, so I found the forum, did a little reading, and bought one. Roku should give PC Magazine a little kickback for the good press!

kklier

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:11 pm

can I get my money back? I thought from everything I read it would be easy to stream video content. It is not exactly straight forward.

XIUYAN1

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:34 am

Has been two years, I think there should be results, you Nengna your money home ? I think perhaps ........

kklier

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:43 am

okay, so anyone want to by my photobridge?

Burkhardi

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:37 am

kklier wrote:
okay, so anyone want to by my photobridge?

Sure, where can I contact you at? You want to PM me?
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku