dj7675
Topic Author

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:19 am

TheEndless,

Any ideas on how I can get twonky working for video? My Setup:

-Twonky Trial 3.1 installed on XP Computer
-I have set the path for video files with the V|E:\TV path in twonky setup
-twonky shows the correct number of video files
-roku sees twonky server and under Images/Movies shows the correct number of video files
-When I browse via Roku it shows 3 folders Music, Pictures, Videos. The music and pictures folder work great-displaying pictures and music very well. However when I go to the Video folder on the Roku I get All videos and Folder to select. Once I select either of those I see no video files and I get an error message "An error occurred when scanning this device."

I am on 2.36 on the Roku and the video files are .ts files. Hopefully I get this working as the photo and music are working very well. Thanks again for making mplay browse UPnP.

Also, did those comments from Twonky support make sense to you?

Darin

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:23 am

dj7675 wrote:
TheEndless,

Any ideas on how I can get twonky working for video? My Setup:

-Twonky Trial 3.1 installed on XP Computer
-I have set the path for video files with the V|E:\TV path in twonky setup
-twonky shows the correct number of video files
-roku sees twonky server and under Images/Movies shows the correct number of video files
-When I browse via Roku it shows 3 folders Music, Pictures, Videos. The music and pictures folder work great-displaying pictures and music very well. However when I go to the Video folder on the Roku I get All videos and Folder to select. Once I select either of those I see no video files and I get an error message "An error occurred when scanning this device."

I am on 2.36 on the Roku and the video files are .ts files. Hopefully I get this working as the photo and music are working very well. Thanks again for making mplay browse UPnP.

Also, did those comments from Twonky support make sense to you?

Darin

I did a trace of the communication between Twonky and the PhotoBridge. Twonky is sending back good data, but for some reason the PB is encountering an error when it parses it. It appears to be a bug in the PB UPnP implementation, so until it's fixed there, I don't know that there's anything I can do. :(

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dj7675
Topic Author

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:47 am

Bummer. Thanks for looking into it. I sure wich Roku would finish up their beta so things like this could be addressed. It really seems so very close.
I guess we will have to wait and see if they are going to or not. Seems to me a few minor fixes and releasing more of the SDK to developers and people would be pretty happy.

Thanks again.

Darin