Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

hal9000
Topic Author

PAL playback

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:51 am

Hi, I have read some post regarding PAL playback problem but I was not able to understand if it should be fixed in the last fw release (2.0.36). I'm saying this because I have just purchased an HD1000, upgraded to fw 2.0.36 and I have stuttering (is this the right word in english?...) playback on Mpeg2 files (ripped from a PAL DVD). This not happens if the files are from NTSC DVD or if I convert them using VLC to TS.
Have I any chance to play PAL DVD videos on HD1000 without converting all my files to TS? I also tried MyPlay but still the same results.

Thanks, Alessandro (Italy)

P.S. changing the video mode don't helps

IlkkaNisula

Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:09 am

Hi,

I have also HD1000 and same firmware and I'm suffering from the same problem with PAL. My problem is with Digital TV recordings with Nebula PCI-T card directly to MPEG2 TS PAL format. Roku cannot play it with builtin player or with MPlay (fixTS option of mplay has no affect).

I read from MPlay FAQ that Roku doesn't yet have good support for MPEG2 TS in PAL format :(

I wonder if there is any other workaround than converting the files (which I actually didn't manage to do for my files with VLC correctly, it doesn't like nebula ts format somehow)

IlkkaNisula

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:27 pm

I posted a query to Roku customer support for PAL MPEG2 TS support. Well see how they respond...

I actually managed now to convert the Nebula TS format file (in nebula terms Original broadcast format) to PS file that Roku can play. You can do it with Nebula DigiTV software tools (file->tools->DVD conversion).

But the PAL TS files are not still not playing....

davidd

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:13 pm

If you choose Video Output 6 you will have stutter
If you choose Video Output 15 (Pal) they play fine.

I just noticed you said video mode makes no difference!

I play PAL TS and or PS files fine and PAL Ripped DVD's
I use the ts fix flag for dvd but not for ts/ps.
I play all my stuff inc HD over nfs
Good luck
d
Roku HD1500 rev b
Sony Bravia LCD
Pioneer DVD
Yamaha AV gear
Sky +
Sky HD........January !! if they release it as promised! - they didnt, now they want £300 !!!
Roku, maybe its time for the mini mac core duo ???