Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

quotaholic
Topic Author

copy and delete for v2.0?

Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:57 am

If this has already been covered I apologize. It was not clearly marked in subject if it was. I am a new photobridge user. Just fired it up two days ago for the first time. Saw the new software abailable and went for it. Upgraded from 1.0.49 to latest 2.???

Long story short is that copy and delete dont work anymore. As these functions in linux land are just a shell script I am wondering if Roku had the fore thought to rebuild these simple apps in light of the new software?

I couldnt find mention of it in subject line in the forums nor do I wish to spend all day there. I have just tried to revert to 1.5 software but it will not take. I now have a useless photobridge. I do not want to go to 2.0 until I know I can get a third party app in there. By the looks if it cinema six claims to work on the new software but I have no way of getting it in to the roku.

Please tell me that I am missing something? How would one go about putting third party apps that will work on v2.0? If there is a way please let me know.
Daryl
self proclaimed enthusiast of bright shiney objects

scans

Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:21 pm

Copy to where? To the compact flash card (ideal!). Make sure you have mounted the card as read/write. Do a search on the boards and you will see how to do it.

quotaholic
Topic Author

copy and delete for 2.0.34

Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:36 pm

No actually I can move files to the CF card easily with a pcmcia card adapter. My problems are that I do not get much time at home to try this out as I am on the road a lot and dont get too many chances to search forums. I went from original software straight to 2.0.34. Any version of copy and delete I can find is for an earlier version of the software 2.0.34. I simply can not find it anywhere. Searched forums and google. Cant load any apps to pb without copy as far as I know.

So that I have not misunderstood you did you mean that I would need to telnet to the PB and mount the card as read write in order to install the copy and again the delete software?

Thank you
Daryl

soiaf

Re: copy and delete for 2.0.34

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:07 pm

quotaholic wrote:
Cant load any apps to pb without copy as far as I know.

Many/Most of the 3rd party apps can actually run of a network share, so theres no need to copy them to a compact flash card at all if you don't want to.
However, if you do want to have your apps on a compact flash card then all you need is a compact flash card read/write on your PC (which you have). Just copy the files (as per the instructions of the particular application) directly onto the compact flash card, theres really no registration/installation process that you need the copy/delete apps for.

Some of the apps. do want/need write access while they are running. By default compact flash cards are mounted as read only (so the PhotoBridge cannot write data to them). This issue can be dealt with however if a particular app does need write access.

quotaholic
Topic Author

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:03 pm

Thnaks for the information. I see that mplay will work while located on another computer like you describe. A network share. However I can not get cinema six to work even while on the flash card/ That is for another forum though.
Thanks
quotaholic