Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

bgunther
Topic Author

Customization I want from ROKU

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:01 pm

Hey folks!

I would like to be able to point to a folder of jpegs while a song in a playlist is playing. For example, if my playlist has Aerosmith, Cream and Jim Croce, while it is playing aersmith, I would like to play a slideshow of photos out of a photos/aerosmith folder. When the song changes, I would like to slideshow out of my photos/Cream folder.

What I envision is a small feature where my path of my playlist songs is arsed into positional parameters, say $1, $2...

For example, if my path is:
\\nas\nas_music\Aerosmith\Toys in The Attic\Walk This Way.mp3
$1 represents nas
$3 represents Aerosmith and so on...

Then I could have a very easy Slideshow feature that I can build my custom path and it is in sync with my playlist. I could simply tell it the path for my slide show is:
\\nas\nas_photos\$3

Is this possible with the API? Does anybody find this to be a good feature request? Nothing better than seeing photos of yor currently playing group while your playlist is on...

DaMutha

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:38 pm

Aerosmith...."Dream On"...pithy.

Burkhardi

Re: Customization I want from ROKU

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:15 pm

bgunther wrote:
Hey folks!

I would like to be able to point to a folder of jpegs while a song in a playlist is playing. For example, if my playlist has Aerosmith, Cream and Jim Croce, while it is playing aersmith, I would like to play a slideshow of photos out of a photos/aerosmith folder. When the song changes, I would like to slideshow out of my photos/Cream folder.

What I envision is a small feature where my path of my playlist songs is arsed into positional parameters, say $1, $2...

For example, if my path is:
\\nas\nas_music\Aerosmith\Toys in The Attic\Walk This Way.mp3
$1 represents nas
$3 represents Aerosmith and so on...

Then I could have a very easy Slideshow feature that I can build my custom path and it is in sync with my playlist. I could simply tell it the path for my slide show is:
\\nas\nas_photos\$3

Is this possible with the API? Does anybody find this to be a good feature request? Nothing better than seeing photos of yor currently playing group while your playlist is on...

Perhaps ask TheEndless if it can be added to SlimRoku as an option. SlimRoku is very robust and this may be just the ticket? PM him or post in one of the SlimRoku threads.
Sounds like a neat idea...
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:43 am

bgunther wrote:

Burkhardi wrote:
Perhaps ask TheEndless if it can be added to SlimRoku as an option. SlimRoku is very robust and this may be just the ticket? PM him or post in one of the SlimRoku threads.
Sounds like a neat idea...

It's certainly possible with the API. I'm not sure if it makes much sense as a feature of SlimRoku, though... perhaps as a second screensaver option.

bgunther, do you use SlimRoku at all? If not, give it a try and let me know if it's something you'd like to continue using. Once you give me feedback on that, I'll look into the possibility of adding this as a feature.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)