Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mlknez
Topic Author

Windows app to rip DVD to a single file?

Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:53 pm

I have always used DVD Decrypter to rip my DVDs to my hard drive but it creates separate files. Anyone have a suggestion on another Windows app to rip to a single file as stated in the WhatsNew.pdf?

vj9999

Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:24 pm

If you are in IFO mode in DVD Decrypter, right click and select file splitting. You can select to split by chapter, or size, or you can select non to create on VOB file.

twagner27

Windows App

Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:08 pm

I use DVD Shrink 3.1. I like the interface better than DVD Decryptor. Just choose re-author mode, I generally only choose the main movie file and the 5.1 track. In the preferences Menu uncheck the box that says "Split VOB files into 1GB chunks".

All the movies I had previously had limited success watching due too synching issues now seem to work flawlessly in 2.09.

AGA

Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:54 am

I like the DVD Shrink interface better, too. In the re-authoring mode, though, I couldn't figure out how to actually launch the ripping process. Any suggestions? The help files seem to only address the Full-Disc mode.

jimre

Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:03 pm

AGA wrote:
I like the DVD Shrink interface better, too. In the re-authoring mode, though, I couldn't figure out how to actually launch the ripping process. Any suggestions? The help files seem to only address the Full-Disc mode.
In DVDShrink, you click on the "Backup!" button to start the ripping process.

AGA

DVD Decrypter Settings

Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:45 pm

If I use DVD Decrypter, what are the best settings to use in order to preserve chapters when playing back with MPlay? I've successfully ripped DVDs using Decrypter, but even though it generates separate files for VOB and IFO, MPlay tells me there are no chapters when I hit the zoom button. The video plays fine, though, just like to be able to skip ahead by chapter.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: DVD Decrypter Settings

Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:15 pm

AGA wrote:
If I use DVD Decrypter, what are the best settings to use in order to preserve chapters when playing back with MPlay? I've successfully ripped DVDs using Decrypter, but even though it generates separate files for VOB and IFO, MPlay tells me there are no chapters when I hit the zoom button. The video plays fine, though, just like to be able to skip ahead by chapter.

MPlay doesn't currently parse the information to determine chapters. I wrote a small windows app that will create the chapter file for you. Check out this thread for more information: http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1077

Hope it helps,
TheEndless

ghjaxman

Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:05 pm

I ripped it to one file but can not get the sound to work. I have a wireless network. Is that the reason the sound will not work. I ripped Nemo and the Disney logo works at the start and the just the picture but no sound. Any ideas on what I need to do?

HookedOnTV

Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:51 pm

ghjaxman wrote:
I ripped it to one file but can not get the sound to work. I have a wireless network. Is that the reason the sound will not work. I ripped Nemo and the Disney logo works at the start and the just the picture but no sound. Any ideas on what I need to do?

Wireless certainly isn't the best choice for video but is not necessarily the cause of your problem. What are you using for playback? Built-in Roku? Have you tried the 3rd party app MPlay? If you launch it from the command line you will see output as it analyzes the file for the video and audio streams. You would be able to see that it found an audio stream. I f you end up deciding to re-rip try just the movie with a single audio track (the main 6ch DD).
- Travis

jimre

Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:58 pm

ghjaxman wrote:
What audio tracks did you rip from Nemo? Dolby Digital? DTS? All of them?

How is your Roku audio connected to your A/V receiver? analog? SPIDF digital?

ghjaxman

Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:12 am

I will change my connect to from wireless to being connected with with a cable. I have not used the Mplay software yet, just the DVD Shrink Software. I did not find a box to check with the DVD software to convert it to PAL format.

I am new at DVD ripping and just trying to get a handle on it. I will rerip Nemo again to see if I can get it to work. I am just getting started on this so I am sure I will need so more help along the way. Thanks for the comments.

crespowu

Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:02 pm

I also think DVD Shrink is a better choice.Its converting speed is very fast.

DVD to iPod

Luna

Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:54 pm

I like to use aimersoft dvd ripper, it works like a charm, and can help me merger several charpters into one file, that's good, you can try it

pavgater01

Re: Windows app to rip DVD to a single file?

Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:07 pm

mlknez wrote:
I have always used DVD Decrypter to rip my DVDs to my hard drive but it creates separate files. Anyone have a suggestion on another Windows app to rip to a single file as stated in the WhatsNew.pdf?

You mean you want to convert the whole DVD instead of separate files?
Why not choose the file: VIDEO_TS?
I use Pavtube DVD Ripper to do this trick.
A girl dreaming of opening a shop in the near future.