Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

CMart
Topic Author

Spanish Novelas Channel on Roku?

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:08 pm

I know my wife would love to have a channel on our new Roku that shows the Spanish Telenovelas from Univision. I found this site on their site that seems to show full episodes of many of them and I was wondering if it were at all possible to have a Roku channel made for that. Is it possible to do? If so, how does one go about executing such a request?

Here is the site:
http://novelasyseries.univision.com/vid ... -completos

I did not see a comparable site for Telemundo's offerings, but there may very well be one.

My wife likes the idea of the Roku and I know having a Spanish Telenovela channel would really make her embrace it wholeheartedly. Plus, I would suspect there would be a few other Roku subscribers who would want it too,if not for themselves than for their significant others to bring them fully into the Roku fold. :)

Any thoughts?

patchman

Re: Spanish Novelas Channel on Roku?

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:04 pm

+1 That would be awesome if it could be done.

haydeecm

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:51 pm

+1 Here too. It'd be great when relatives come over. Univision doesn't come in well through my OTA antenna.

princes69

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:26 am

I would love for Roku to start putting Spanish Novelas on the que. I have family that would gladly buy a Roku to watch TeleNovelas from Telemundo,Univision. :D :D :D :D :D

CMart
Topic Author

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:09 pm

UPDATE: I posted my original post on the blog of the great Roku King NowhereMan (whom I believe - if I recall - is now also RokuChris) at the same time I posted it here; he replied to say to "[e]xpect some Univision content in Nowhere TV in a few days"!

Now I love you Roku guys even more! :)

haydeecm

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 pm

I went in to Nowhere TV today, and was excited to see Univision was in there already. The only problem is that when I click on the videos, they just reload, they won't play for me. Otherwise I really appreciate the quick turnaround of Nowhere man.

RokuChris

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Something on the back end changed. Not much I can do.

ytteLsalenrO

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 am

I also tried to watch Telemundo novela El Senor de los Cielos on Roku app.  Apparently, you now need a Direct TV Now subscription in order to watch telenovelas on Telemundo app.
That's completely ludicrous.  You can mirror through You Tube the latest episodes on Roku.  Or just sign in to You Tube and watch the latest episode there.  No need to pay a Direct TV Now subscription. Of course you have the option to view the latest episode on your iPad or computer.

vnazario

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Hello:

If I remember correctly, FilmOn channel has a Spanish soaps/novelas channel.  Hulu may also have some VOD content from Univision.  Worth looking into,  Hope this information is helpful.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps