Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

JAZZBACK
Topic Author

Loop video using USB on SX

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:04 pm

I Am setting up Demo units at a Retail store I Work at and want to put custom Content on the Roku Boxes. but i cannot figure out how to get the video to Loop or play endlessly. any tips on this? currently we are demoing the units with Live TV Feeds.
ROKU XD:12A14H000054
Cox Communications
30 DN 5 UP Running WIFI!!!

RickRansom

Re: Loop video using USB on SX

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 pm

I believe there is no "replay" option on the official Roku USB Media Player channel. IIRC though, the private channel "USB Media Browser" by Nowhereman can let you play the videos continuously/repeatedly by pressing the “PLAY” button instead of the “OK” button when playing a video from the same folder. I think the only limitation is that it will only play the videos from a single folder, so if you put your videos in different folders and want them all to be player, then you can easily transfer them to one single folder.
This is actually a good idea, the thing is that the roku will have to buffer the next video file before playing it – so in between the videos you’ll probably have a short pause/time for the video to buffer. This may or may not work for what you’re planning but it’s up to you to check that. Anyway, the private channel code for the "USB Media Browser" by Nowhereman is KGULU.

Cheers. :wink:
Retired
- Now works at Riot Games

hozedhead

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:10 pm

Yeah it sounds like that should work. In Roksbox, when you click play on a folder you have the option of continuous play.
Roku Express 3900RW software v8.10

mmershon

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:00 pm

!!!I just discovered how to implement the autoplay for music and autoplay video!!!

1. Install 'Nowhere USB' app on Roku
2. Auto playback for Music is self explanatory with the latest 'Nowhere USB' app
3. Auto playback for Video, make sure all videos reside in one folder and select the 'Play/Pause' button on your remote to start the video - DO NOT select the video to start with the 'OK' button on the Roku remote (autoplay will not work)

....TA-DA, haha. Hope this helps others, I've been trying to find out how to do this for awhile now!

Cheers!

itops

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:20 pm

TCL 65S517 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model) 

Much easier with built in Media Player. 

Select Option (*) 

Repeat all (on) 

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:26 pm

C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan