I can't get my remote to reconnect after a factory reset. I powered down the roku and pressed the button for 40 seconds on the inside of the remote battery area. Still nothing. It is a roku 2. Thank you
A Roku 2 XS (model 3100) uses a Bluetooth remote. The Roku 2 (model 2720) uses a WiFi direct remote. The new Roku 2 (model 4210) uses an IR remote. I assume you have older Roku 2 (2720).
The steps to re-pair the remotes can be found here: http://roku.zendesk.com/entries/22282324-Roku-remotes-overview#location_repair
Remote pairing instructions - (if remote is unresponsive/unpaired) Roku 2 XS model 3100 (Enhanced game remote)
Roku 2 model 2720 (Enhanced remote with headphone jack)
Roku 3 model 4200 (Enhanced remote with headphone jack)
Roku Streaming Stick HDMI version model 3500 (Standard remote)
If your remote stops responding, try removing and reinserting the batteries first:
- Open the battery compartment.
- Remove and reinsert the batteries, following the correct battery orientations.
If that doesn't fix the problem, try pairing the remote again:
- Open the battery compartment and locate the pairing button.
- Press and hold the pairing button for at least 3 seconds. (front LEDs will blink)
- Power cycle the Roku player. (unplug the power connector and plug back in)
- During the start up process, the Roku remote will automatically pair to your Roku player. (the front LEDs will stop flashing)
Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku 2 XD, Roku Stick (3600)
Apple TV (4th gen), TiVo, Chromecast
Roku Stick (3500), Roku 1, Roku 2 XS, Roku LT(2400), Roku XDS, Roku XD (2050)
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd gen), FireTV, FireTV Stick