I bought the ROKU 2 streaming player yesterday. I use it on an old Mitsubishi CS-31AX1 televison (circa 1995 or so). When I first got it it would only stream in black and white. I found a fix here at Roku forums which is:
Link to post:
- turn TV off.
- Unplug A/V (red/white/yellow) cables from TV/Roku
- Do a factory reset (on roku) - Use a paper clip to press and hold button on the back of the Roku for at least 30 seconds.
- wait 10 min
- unplug power cord from Roku
- plug back A/V (red/white/yellow) cables to TV/Roku
- Plug back power cord to Roku
- turn TV on
That worked just fine. However when I use the TV's remote to access another part of the televsion (These are the options):
Extension 1 which is my DVD
Input B which is my tape player
Input A which is straight TV
Extension 2 which is Roku
Roku goes back to streaming black and white and I have to repeat the steps I posted to get the color back. Does anyone know what might be going on? It is a hassle to get the color back, although I'm grateful someone here posted how to get it done. I can't think of any reason this is happening other than my TV is using old technology.
Any help\suggestions or a shortcut other than all the above steps would be appreciated.