Sorry about bringing this topic up again. I have searched and read the forum threads, but couldn't find how to resolve the issue I am having. I spent about 6 hours today with several Roku Support Operators live chatting with them online as I tried out several things to get it working.
I am new to Roku. Saw it at a relatives place and wanted to try it out.
So, I got a Roku XD this morning.
1. Plugged it in and tried to connect to my wireless router
Router -> (Linksys WRT54GS) running in pppoe mode to a westell mstatea adsl2+router modem running in bridged mode.
Router running in WPA security, firewall enabled, ssid not broadcasting.
2. I configured the wireless info, saw the 3 green lights show up (wireless, local network, internet) on the TV screen and got to the software update page.
3. Clicked on software update and waited for about 5 min or so as the Progress went from 0% to 92% in steps of 4 or 5. Once it got to 92% it consistently would error out with "Can't connect to Roku ... " and report " ... error Code: 011 ..."
Got on a internet live chat with Support Operator (I went through about 5 of them over a 6 hour period, trying to explain to them all the things I had tried before and trying out various things they suggested). Here they are (in no particular order, but generally how I recall it from this morning)
1. unplug/replug the Roku 2 XD for 2 min and retry
2. hard reset by pushing on the reset button for 20 secs (roku would simply start restarting after about 6 or so secs and do nothing different based on the length of time the reset button was pushed down for.)
3. hard reset by pushing on the reset button for 30 secs
4. hard reset by pushing on the reset button for 40 secs
5. hard reset by pushing on the reset button for 60 secs
6. disable firewall, turn off roku, router, modem in that order, wait for a few minutes, start modem, router, roku in that order. then retry.
7. add DNS (184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11), and then attempt several of 2-6 above.
8. Move the Roku player away from the TV and try to turn on/turn off and retry.
9. Guided me into the "Secret screen" and attempted update software from there. Got a different error (error code:005) after progressing to the same 92%.
Wireless Mac Filter was disabled all through. Roku 2 XD didn't have a ethernet port, so couldn't attempt trying wired update as suggested in some other threads, nevermind that my TV is downstairs in the living room and there is no close-by wired output port and there is no TV where the router/modem is.
The conclusion after the 6 hour grueling exercise was that my router firmware might be outdated and would need an upgrade. Cisco/Linksys no longer releases firmware updates for the WRT54GS model (v1.1) that I have. I was astonished of such a response given I have a few PC's (windows, mac, linux), Wii, Android and Apple phones, all neatly and decently sharing the same router + modem setup for several years w/o trouble.
I went back and returned the Roku 2 XD back at the store for a refund. Guessing I might have just gotten a bad player, in the evening went to another store and got a Roku 2 XS.
Tried all the steps above and same result. I will give the Mac Filtering and DMZ tomorrow. I don't know how I can accomplish the wired update step given the TV and router + modem are on different floors.
If anybody (one of the Roku moderators like Shawn or Ryan) has any ideas how to solve this, it would be great. I would have guessed since this has come-up before, Roku would have a solution for this already.
Still excited and looking forward to getting the Roku working but need HELP!