From the STB user system menu,
FYI, To toggle between settings in that menu, scroll to “that setting” then Press [Ok] and wait… (every time you Press [Ok] ...it will switch..).
1- Change video resolution on the STB,
If you see “Native mode settings” grayed out,
Scroll to “HDMI/YPbpr Output”,
Press [Ok] several times & set it to “NATIVE”,
Then “Native mode settings” should become active,
Scroll to “Native mode settings”
You should see “MY TV Supports the following formats:”
Mark only the following formats
[ ] 1080p 30
[ ]1080p 24
Return to the main menu >>Ok to all of this.
2- Set “Audio output:” to “Pass through” (not Auto or L-PCM)
Return to the main menu >> Ok to this.
3- Check this,
From your “STB” “user system menu” toggle between “YCC 4:4:4” and “RGB” - see if a “Pink screen” flashes in between toggles for,
a) less than a second.
b) a lot more than that.
Return to the main menu >>As I recall none
4- Try this,
- Make sure the AVR Picture mode is set to “Direct” on all HDMI inputs (1,2,3,4,5 & AUX)
- Set the STB "color space setting" to “RGB”.
- Return to the main menu >>
- Exit menu, (press [Power/On]),
- Turn STB back On, (press [Power/On] again).
- Switch back and forth between Roku&STB inputs.
- Do you see a “Pink screen” (HDCP error) ?Ok to this and no error.
• You also need to set the following (to minimize handshake-delay).
- Set the AVR Picture mode to “Direct” on all HDMI inputs (1,2,3,4,5 & AUX)
- Set the TV “HDMI black level to “Normal”.
- Set the video resolution to 720p (not ‘Auto”) on all devices (Roku > 720p, BDP > 720p, WD > 720p) (STB > NATIVE see more above).
- Set the RGB range to “YCbCr” (not “Auto”) on all devices (BDP > “YCbCr” - STB > “YCC 4:4:4” - WD > “YCbCr”).Ok to all of this with one exception. I tried the STB > YCC 4:4:4 and got the " pink screen issue". I put the color space of the STB> RGB and multiple times switching of Roku2 >STB after streaming a 5.1DD+ or 5.1 DD title resulted in no "pink Screen issue" I tried this with the AVR pic mode in direct and got the pink screen with color space on YCC 4 4 4. Changed STB back to RGB and put my AVR pic mode in "custom" ( which is really what I want my AVR in) and as of now NO PINK SCREEN ISSUE IS OCCURRING!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!5,
This has been an epic journey and very frustrating at times. I just want to say an enormous thank you for your persistence in attempting to get these issues resolved in my setup. I don't know what your backround is with this stuff but it appears you have a level of expertise not too many people have. If you see any potential issues with what I have done or how I have left things set up wise. Please let me know but it appears we might be able to call this issue RESOLVED!! I'm going to go out on a limb here and put a little addition in the title of this thread