Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

gilzoo

Re: Original Roku - Universal Remote Codes

Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:35 pm

I just bought the Sony RM-VZ320 and programmed the Roku code into it. Works perfect for "up/down/right/left" as well as "enter" and "menu".

Anyone know if there's a button for "return" or "back"? I'm using a Roku XS.

Thanks.

elorimer

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:17 am

We should nip this in the bud: There's no point in buying a universal remote unless it is a learning remote at the very least. Ever.

This one isn't a learning remote. It doesn't have VPT. I don't even see the Roku listed in the code list online.

gilzoo

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:19 am

The Sony Sony RM-VZ320 does have a code listed for Roku under the "Video Accessory" section. I was just wondering whether it gives you a "Return" button.

Sheariah

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:51 am

Sony RM-VZ320 on Roku 2 XS; the "up" button takes you back to previous screen.

There may be no point in buying a universal remote to operate the Roku, unless you have lost or broken the original and don't want to pay an outrageous price for a replacement, or perhaps prefer to use only one remote instead of 5+. Of course I didn't have to go out and buy it, I already had this remote for operating my 50" plasma TV, DVD box with surround sound, and cable DVR box. I also have a box full of other universal remotes from trying to find a single remote that would operate enough functions on all tree devices to not require keeping another remote at my fingertips, and that was before adding the Roku player.

As for finding the code to use, I just tried what I found on the forum. The code is 52371 for those who do not want to search the forums for it. I programmed it to the "vcr" button since I no longer have a vcr.

For those who are confused about bluetooth and IR, the bluetooth only works for playing games. The TV watching function are controlled by IR.

Ignore this if it doesn't interest you. I just wanted to let those who are interested know what worked for me.

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

For those who are confused about bluetooth and IR, the bluetooth only works for playing games. The TV watching function are controlled by IR.

Actually, that's not quite correct. The R2 XD and XS are both bluetooth and IR capable. The bluetooth remote is only bluetooth, no IR, so if you're using that remote, all functions are bluetooth controlled. The IR remote works with all Rokus, past and present, but IR will not work for motion control games.

There may be no point in buying a universal remote to operate the Roku, unless you have lost or broken the original and don't want to pay an outrageous price for a replacement

Replacement Roku IR remotes are $9.99, the bluetooth remote is $29.99 and includes a 2GB micro SD card.
http://www.roku.com/accessories
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

RickRansom

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:16 pm

kc8pql wrote:
The IR remote works with all Rokus, past and present....

Except for the streaming stick. Works for every other Roku though. :mrgreen:
Retired
- Now works at Riot Games

gilzoo

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Re: the Sony RM-VZ320 - there are some instances where the "up" button doesn't work on the XS. For example, in the Spotify app, "up" doesn't take you back to the previous menu. The "back arrow" button on the XS remote does.

Does the Sony have an equivalent? If I press "menu" I get booted back to the channel page.

happyred30

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:46 pm

I am lacking a little on my tech saviness and I am attempting to program my sony rm-z320 remote to my roku box....this has created an issue...not sure which button (tv, cal, dvd, dvr, vcr, cd, or amp) to program it to....ANY help would be greatly appreciated! :D :D :D

gilzoo

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Gave up. Bought a Harmony 200 for $12 on eBay.

rsmith210

Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:37 am

what is roku 3 code for universal remote please can you help me i'm disabled and i love roku but can't work it without a universal remote the roku remote is to small for me to use :)

Tivoburkee

Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:23 pm

rsmith210 wrote:
what is roku 3 code for universal remote please can you help me i'm disabled and i love roku but can't work it without a universal remote the roku remote is to small for me to use :)

Like to help, but you have to give the brand and model # of the universal remote?

Remember, universal remote codes are not universal across universal remotes. :)

Logos

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:35 am

I forgot my Roku Pin so I reset my device.But once it rebooted to the Setup screen my sony universal remote wouldnt work. HAs anybody had issues with the remote code not working?Ive reset it and troubleshooted the remote and the Roku.But Nothing helps.Any suggestions?

dacapitan

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:19 am

Hello,

Is there any way to get the

or

BACK

of the Roku remote working on the RM-VZ320?

I think those are the only two functions I don't have? "Return" on the RM doesn't do anything.

Tivoburkee

Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Sorry, but no. You would need a IR roku remote, and learning universal remote, which the rm-vz320 is not.

travispk

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:55 am

I recommend the RCA RCR313BR. I just got it setup on my Roku and TV. Works awesome! Has all Roku button functionality including Home, Back and Options (asterisk). It is only $10.
Roku code = 53061
http://www.amazon.com/RCA-RCR313BR-3-De ... A-RCR313BR