Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

sparek
Topic Author

This content is currently unavailable - NBC App

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:43 am

I have a Roku streaming stick and when I try to watch any shows on the NBC app, I get an error "This content is currently unavailable".

When I try to view the content on a Roku 3 (2013) I have no issues.

Are the apps different on the streaming stick vs. the Roku 3?

Anybody else had this problem?  How was it solved?

sparek
Topic Author

Re: This content is currently unavailable - NBC App

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:22 pm

This seems like it may be an issue with AT&T Wireless Home Phone and Internet.  That's the only thing I can come up with.

I moved the device to another location with a different Internet Service Provider and the NBC app appears to work on the device.

Anybody noticed any similar issues?  This is really weird.  All of the other Roku Apps appear to work when using the AT&T Wireless Home Phone and Internet connection, but the NBC app does not.

Elizag

Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:35 pm

I believe it's a roku issue. I have a fire stick hooked up to the same TV with the same hot spot and while this happens with roku it doesn't on my firestick.

atc98092

Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:15 am

Elizag wrote:
I believe it's a roku issue. I have a fire stick hooked up to the same TV with the same hot spot and while this happens with roku  it doesn't on my firestick.

It's an issue on the Roku platform, but the but the problem lies with NBC, not Roku. NBC is responsible for the development of the channel, not Roku.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.