Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

moorewmla
Topic Author

Remote Replacement Model

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Hope someone can help me: have sent emails to the customerservice@roku.com with zero response.

I just need to confirm which remote control I need to order to replace Model RC-AL2. The one on the Roku site that looks like what I need is Model RC127. Can anyone answer this? I have already ordered the wrong one once! Pretty unhappy with not being able to get through to ANYONE via website just to confirm what it is I need.

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Re: Remote Replacement Model

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:07 pm

What email address did you use when you contacted CS?
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

moorewmla
Topic Author

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:50 pm

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:04 pm

moorewmla wrote:
Hope someone can help me: have sent emails to the customerservice@roku.com with zero response.

I just need to confirm which remote control I need to order to replace Model RC-AL2. The one on the Roku site that looks like what I need is Model RC127. Can anyone answer this? I have already ordered the wrong one once! Pretty unhappy with not being able to get through to ANYONE via website just to confirm what it is I need.

What model Roku do you have?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku 2 (4210), Roku Stick (3600)
Apple TV (4th gen), Fire TV, TiVo, Android TV (MiBox)

Previous:
Roku generation 1, 2, 3, & 4 boxes.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd gen)

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:49 pm

moorewmla wrote:

Sorry, I meant what email you used for YOURSELF when contacting CS :)?

I can get someone to contact you if we can lookup the ticket/email.  It may be that you just didn't provide enough information to the team.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

moorewmla
Topic Author

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:36 am

RokuShawnS I emailed from farm@moorefarmsandfriends.com. I tried to screenshot but it won't let me paste an attachment here...converts to code. Why wouldn't someone somewhere have received the emails?

moorewmla
Topic Author

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:47 am

Nevermind I found another forum site and someone quickly answered my question. Crappy, crappy customer no-service-whatsoever from Roku, very disappointing.

DBDukes

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:49 am

moorewmla wrote:
Nevermind I found another forum site and someone quickly answered my question. Crappy, crappy customer no-service-whatsoever from Roku, very disappointing.

You were asked a question yesterday about which Roku model you had, which would allow someone to point you to the correct remote. You ignored it. But it's Roku's fault. You don't want help. You just wanna bitch.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

atc98092

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 am

You posted your original question at Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:38 pm (my time zone). A Roku rep responded within 30 minutes. Someone else asked for your Roku model at 6:04PM, and I assure you that person could have given you a quick answer if you answered his question. At 9:47 am this morning, you respond that someone on another forum provided you with an answer. I say you would have had that answer last evening if you had told us your Roku model. Just knowing the remote model wasn't sufficient. And disparaging the help you received here when you didn't even wait 24 hours is a bit overkill. 
I'm not defending the support email line not responding to you, as I recognize that Roku (along with many other large companies) don't place customer service as high as they might. It would be great if they could respond quickly with accurate information, but there are few places that happens in real life. But this forum is not staffed by a cadre of Roku support staff. There's really only one or two that are here more as moderators, although they do their level best to assist. That's exactly what RokuShawn was attempting to do for you. Almost all of us are simply Roku customers that have enough experience to assist other users where we can. Most likely that's all you got on the other forum was another user. But don't get all huffy because someone didn't get an answer back to you within what was an unrealistic timeframe. Remember that these users are all over the globe, and are located in many different time zones. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (2016), and Ultra (2016), Insignia Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V583, CenturyLink DSL