Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jwserichards
Topic Author

Shutterfly app - only shows landscape view?

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 pm

I have a pretty new TCL Roku TV and a couple standalone Roku boxes. All of them have the Shutterfly app. None of them show portrait pictures the way they are supposed to display. The app just crops it down until it’s in landscape view, so it just shows whatever’s in the middle of the picture. Is there a workaround for this?

jwserichards
Topic Author

Re: Shutterfly app - only shows landscape view?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Bump?

RokuTannerD

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:16 pm

Hi there! 

Thanks for the note! If you're running into an issue that is happening in one specific channel (and not in others), you'll want to reach out to the channel publisher directly. Every channel (app) on Roku is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Shutterfly support directly to report the issue and request additional help so they investigate further. 

Looks like you can reach their support team here: https://support.shutterfly.com/s/

Cheers,
Tanner 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

mc510

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:59 pm

jwserichards wrote:
I have a pretty new TCL Roku TV and a couple standalone Roku boxes. All of them have the Shutterfly app. None of them show portrait pictures the way they are supposed to display. The app just crops it down until it’s in landscape view, so it just shows whatever’s in the middle of the picture. Is there a workaround for this?

Hey, my family is annoyed by the same issue. Were you able to get hold of Shutterfly support to let them know about the issue?

RokuTannerD

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:17 am

Shutterfly support can be reached directly here: https://support.shutterfly.com/s/article/Contact-Shutterfly-via-Chat-Email-and-Phone-1

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

mc510

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:30 pm

Well, Shutterfly tells me that they "no longer support the Roku app," so no point waiting for them to fix it  :(
It appears that they used to have an API that might have allowed a third party developer to recreate a better version of the abandoned Shutterfly Roku app, but all of Google's links about the API are broken, so I guess they either abandoned that too, or made it restricted-access.

RokuTannerD

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:50 am

@mc510 Thanks for letting us know. I'll forward your feedback over to my team to follow up. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager