Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Grouse
Topic Author

Yet Another Dead Soundbridge

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:46 pm

A year after buying my Soundbridge Radio in Hong Kong and using it very very happily in Portugal, it suddenly died for no reason today. No power is getting through (no lights, no sound, no noise, nada, not from any of 8 power sockets I have tried around the house or with different leads). IT is well and truly dead. RIP Soundbridge.

None of the responses to the FAQs on the Roku website worked in terms of orchestrating a resurrection. Do I just bury the machine in the bin and swear never to trust Roku products again or is Roku able to help me in Portugal? I do hope that Roku does not adopt Apple's "screw you" approach to customers when products are defective.

It is such a shame that the product that I have been telling all of my friends to buy suddenly packs up like this.

wideasleep1

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:02 pm

Contact support for an exchange unit, or search out an experienced electrical tech that can replace the suspect faulty capacitor(s) in the power supply. :|
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes,
rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!

SuzieQ

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:34 pm

Grouse, it could be the infamous power supply capacitor.

Edit ... of course one would only be able to find out if the unit is opened up!

Grouse
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Many thanks for the advice - if only Roku had an agent in southern Europe... I'll ask Roku for the specs and try to source locally.

ed.de

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:01 am

perhaps you could try a pinnacle agent in southern europe.

SuzieQ

Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:35 am

Grouse wrote:
Many thanks for the advice - if only Roku had an agent in southern Europe... I'll ask Roku for the specs and try to source locally.

Several forum members should have the specs since they had to replace the capacitor in their radio.