Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jack
Topic Author

How do I telnet my PB?

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:18 pm

Is there an exact guide that indicated how to telnet my PB? What program to use, etc. I have not done that, but would like to set a static IP address and the Roku instructions say "tenlet your PB", but does not explain step by step how to do that. I'm computer savvy, but have never telneted anything.

Thanks,

Jack

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: How do I telnet my PB?

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:32 pm

jack wrote:
Is there an exact guide that indicated how to telnet my PB? What program to use, etc. I have not done that, but would like to set a static IP address and the Roku instructions say "tenlet your PB", but does not explain step by step how to do that. I'm computer savvy, but have never telneted anything.

Thanks,

Jack

This document tells you what you need to do: http://www.rokulabs.com/support/StaticI ... HD1000.pdf

If you're using Windows, you can telnet into the Roku by going to Start -> Run, entering "telnet <roku ip address>" into the Run dialog, and clicking OK.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

jack
Topic Author

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:57 pm

Got it. Thanks. BTW mPlay is a great program and is making me rip DVD's. Of course now I need to spend money on storage, but the PB/mPlay system is cool. Any plans to make the selection of movies more non-techie friendly? Having one icon (cover art, whatever) to select for a given movie would make the WAF go real high!

I assume from reading the forum that the audio issues are being worked on and Roku will fix them in the next/official release?

Thanks again,

Jack

xena24

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:46 pm

(endless) you wrote:

If you're using Windows, you can telnet into the Roku by going to Start -> Run, entering "telnet <roku ip address>" into the Run dialog, and clicking OK.

how CAN i GET the roku ip address? xena24