Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

bkoski99
Topic Author

McAfee Anti-Virus and Windows Media Player 11

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:21 pm

The setup for me was pretty easy, except the manual was outdated and did not have directions for WM11. You can access Media Sharing in WM11 by Selecting Library > Media Sharing. Wait a few moments and the soundbridge should also show up. Also, I had a McAfee firewall blocking access, so you will need to allow Media Sharing full access, and add the IP address of the soundbridge in McAfee by double-clicking the McAfee icon in your tray, selecting Configure > Internet & Network > Advanced > Networks > Add and adding the IP address of the soundbridge as trusted.

jjaf

Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:22 am

Hi bkoski99

You did well to sort out the firewall security for the Soundbridge, that usually defeats many trying to get it all to work together. Personally I have trusted the entire local subnet on my NIS firewall to avoid having to repeat it for each device. I also recommend you assign a static IP to your Soundbridge (on the router configuration if you know how, or on the SB itself) because next time it is restarted you may well end up with a different IP.
R1000, M400, M1001