Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

brihan
Topic Author

No Power / No Component Video

Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:13 pm

Hi,

My PhotoBridge will not power up. Is there a fuse or reset that I can try?

Because of this (I think) I am not getting component video to the TV (no pass-through?). I have to go through s-video.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Brian

RokuPatrick

Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:14 pm

When you plug it in, no lights at all come on? That does sound like a power supply issue. Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any user-replaceable fuses in the power supply. If you just recent purchased it, I'd suggest exchanging it at your place of purcahse, otherwise, you'll probably want to contact our support department to get it repaired or replaced. http://www.rokulabs.com/support/contactsupport.php

brihan
Topic Author

Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:16 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I've had it for over a year so I will follow up tech support to find out where to send it for repair.

Brian

WeeboTech

Mind Died Too

Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:51 am

Mine died yesterday, or at least I discovered it yesterday. (was working two weeks ago). And on the 18th it had it's first year birthday... So it died right after the first year mark!!!!! *sigh* :(

RokuPatrick

Re: Mind Died Too

Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:15 am

WeeboTech wrote:
Mine died yesterday, or at least I discovered it yesterday. (was working two weeks ago). And on the 18th it had it's first year birthday... So it died right after the first year mark!!!!! *sigh* :(

That's not good to hear. I'd still recommend giving support a call/email.

wgoldman

Re: Mine Died Too

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:06 am

WeeboTech wrote:

Mine also died just a couple of weeks after the one-year anniversary of its delivery . . . the unit is currently at Roku having the power supply replaced. How common is this problem, I wonder?

WeeboTech

Re: Mine Died Too

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:21 pm

wgoldman wrote:
Mine also died just a couple of weeks after the one-year anniversary of its delivery . . . the unit is currently at Roku having the power supply replaced. How common is this problem, I wonder?

I've read about it occuring in the earlier units.

I thought I escaped the situation.
I sent mine out yesterday for repair.
Wish they had a user replaceable fuse or something.

I had gotten all excited to read there was new software available only to find the unit dead!

pakirk

dead unit

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:36 am

I have the same problem. My unit is about 10 months old. I just sent a message to tech support and am going to call the store where I bought the unit to see if they can send it out for repair.

rnugent

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:43 pm

Me too. Mine did 14 months after purchase. Can't find the warrenty right now but I bet it's less than that... :x

Ray

rnugent

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:46 pm

and further more... The thing has NEVER worked right. It was great that they rebated us when the price dropped but the software has never been close to right and now that Roku us finally paying attention to this product again the F ing thing dies! Moral of the story is never buy a product from a start up...

Ray

pakirk

Re: dead unit

Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:51 pm

pakirk wrote:
I have the same problem. My unit is about 10 months old. I just sent a message to tech support and am going to call the store where I bought the unit to see if they can send it out for repair.

I thought I should in fairness report that Roku replaced my unit for only my shipping charge to return the old unit.

Now if I can only get some video streaming going....I wish they would post some usable summary instructions for those of us not used to programming our electronic devices in Unix. Figuring the wghole thng out from posts in the forum is difficult and slow.

brihan
Topic Author

Sun May 01, 2005 12:40 pm

I too will say that Roku treated me very well and my repaired it quickly.

Brian

jor

Mon May 02, 2005 6:30 pm

rnugent wrote:
Moral of the story is never buy a product from a start up...

Last year if you wanted to display HD images, they were the only game in town. Now there's a couple other players sorta on the board, but with their own first generation faults.

Before getting the device, if I wanted to show a group of people over some images from a recent trip of our's, I'd need to drop the images on the computer, sort them, render a VCD/DVD, and wait 10-60 minutes for it to be ready. And there were too many interactive steps for me to be a good host at the same time. All for NTSC resolution.

Now I copy them over to my little NAS and we're up and going. For bleeding edge, that's pretty flower straightforward.

All you guys with the failures- what sort of power are you using? Straight into the wall, into a power strip, into a UPS?

blacksnake

Tue May 03, 2005 2:52 am

Not mean to be hard, but you have 2 posts so far. So my question is that when you had problem with setting it up, why didn't you post your questions here?
I have never had any problem with the unit. It would be nice if you can keep you tone down.

rnugent wrote:
and further more... The thing has NEVER worked right. It was great that they rebated us when the price dropped but the software has never been close to right and now that Roku us finally paying attention to this product again the F ing thing dies! Moral of the story is never buy a product from a start up...

Ray

Steve Martin

Sun May 08, 2005 7:16 pm

Mine just did this too. No power, nothing.

It is a fairly early unit, it is now 16 months old. (Purchased in January 2004).
Steve Martin