RockyFord wrote:Getshane3 wrote:Hello,
I am having a problem when trying to access my videos on the roksbox.
When I click on My Music or My Photos it goes directly to my music and pictures although when I click on My Videos it goes to the RoksBox icon screen for a couple of seconds than returns to the main menu of Roksbox.
A little more information will likely be needed for anyone to be of much help.
for example which web server are you using, are you using xml files or directory structure, and as always mac, PC or other?
a couple of basic checks...
1. can you access your web server from another machine? you should be able to get into your file structure over http://my.ip.address ie. http://192.168.0.101
2. did you open up your firewall to allow http traffic on your localnet? If you using iis in windows, windows probably has already built an allowed program entry in windows firewall, if you are using apache or mongoose you may have to build your own entry.
3. is your server on a static ip address (if your router gives your machine a new ip everything breaks)?
please checkout the tutorial if you haven't already at http://roksbox.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=54
Hello & Thanks for the reply.
I am using directory structure (Music,Videos, etc.) and I am on PC (Windows 7 64bit)
1. I can access the webserver on my laptop.
2. I checked my firewall settings and they are fine.
3. And I have Static.
Like I said, it's odd because the Photos and Music work but it won't let me access my Videos.