Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
nowhereman
Topic Author
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:02 pm
Location: AZ
Contact:

Woot!

Mon May 03, 2010 10:02 pm

This one is really just something I threw together for my own amusement, but I figured I'd put it out there for anyone who might be interested

BPPIM
twitter:nowhereman
http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix
 
User avatar
hykurt
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: NW Florida

Re: Woot!

Mon May 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Oh, great--now I don't have to schlep all the way over from my bed to my computer to check Woot!

Thanks for making me even lazier. :mrgreen:
 
scyber
Posts: 1323
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:51 am

Re: Woot!

Tue May 04, 2010 4:10 am

nwm,

Where do I send the bill for all of the money this is going to cause me to spend?
 
techn0lizard
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:07 am

Re: Woot!

Tue May 04, 2010 6:50 am

Umm, now my Roku has a shopping channel..... :shock:

Thanks nowhereman, never heard of woot, but after investigating their website I'm still laughing. So I'll give it a try.
Very funny Scotty now beam down my pants!!!!
 
User avatar
KennyJ
Posts: 4051
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:18 am
Location: Lawndale, CA

Re: Woot!

Tue May 04, 2010 11:17 am

techn0lizard wrote:
Umm, now my Roku has a shopping channel..... :shock:

Thanks nowhereman, never heard of woot, but after investigating their website I'm still laughing. So I'll give it a try.


I love Woot. :)
 
senorgregster
Posts: 893
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:36 am

Re: Woot!

Tue May 04, 2010 12:14 pm

oh no
 
wpbear
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Woot!

Tue May 04, 2010 6:38 pm

http://www.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx Is this what this private channel is?
 
Bron
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Re: Woot!

Wed May 05, 2010 8:46 pm

wpbear wrote:
http://www.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx Is this what this private channel is?



Yes....and no.
 
Burkhardi
Posts: 1945
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:06 am
Location: Austin, Texas ...Y'all

Re: Woot!

Tue May 25, 2010 1:45 pm

nowhereman wrote:
This one is really just something I threw together for my own amusement, but I figured I'd put it out there for anyone who might be interested

BPPIM


Nice!!
Do you take pay-pal dontations?
Love the flying monkey icon/tile too.

Can you add flashing lights in the main UI (where you have the woot tiles) when there is a woot off?
The more woot-bling the better IMHO.

Once again, good job!
I just listend to some podcasts via your channel too.

Best regards, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku
 
nowhereman
Topic Author
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:02 pm
Location: AZ
Contact:

Re: Woot!

Tue May 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Burkhardi wrote:
nowhereman wrote:
This one is really just something I threw together for my own amusement, but I figured I'd put it out there for anyone who might be interested

BPPIM


Nice!!
Do you take pay-pal dontations?


Glad you like it...
There's a donate button on my site http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
Or you can paypal direct to chris@thenowhereman.com

Burkhardi wrote:
Can you add flashing lights in the main UI (where you have the woot tiles) when there is a woot off?
The more woot-bling the better IMHO.


When the new Roku SDK comes out next month there should be a lot more fun ways to tweak the interface.
twitter:nowhereman
http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix
 
Village Idiot
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Woot!

Wed May 26, 2010 2:46 pm

I don't know why but only one of the WOOT selections open for me.
And all that showed was two pics of some goofy gadget priced i think at $7 ?
kids WOOT - Monkey WOOT - Shirt WOOT - Wine WOOT none of those opened up.
kept it on there for 10 minutes each.
Tried for two days at all hours. Nothing.
Everything else on roku works just fine. WOOT = Useless.
 
MattyMatt
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Woot!

Wed May 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
WOOT = Useless.


Considering it's free, I find it plenty useful. It's a fun little distraction. You can't have too many ways to check in on the latest Woot! :lol:
 
Village Idiot
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Woot!

Wed May 26, 2010 4:28 pm

what are you checking in on ?
all i saw was a goofy kitchen item for $7
i dont go woot or ga ga over a $7 picture item.
Yeah its free who in their right mind pays for a goof picture of a kitchen item ?
 
MattyMatt
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Woot!

Wed May 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
what are you checking in on ?
all i saw was a goofy kitchen item for $7
i dont go woot or ga ga over a $7 picture item.
Yeah its free who in their right mind pays for a goof picture of a kitchen item ?


Some of us are in our left minds, but that doesn't make us ga ga. No one is paying for pictures. This is a channel for woot.com, so I guess you have to understand that site to appreciate this channel.
 
Village Idiot
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Woot!

Wed May 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Matt i dont think you understand anything i wrote
so i'll try it again
Kids WOOT - Monkey WOOT - Shirt WOOT - Wine WOOT
None of those opened.
why in the flour would i appreciate a channel where only one item opens and all it is is a picture for a crappy kitchen utensil.
As for being left minded i'm ambidextrous so either i'm using all of my brain or none of it.
And in case you're wondering being ambidextrous is never 100% equal so it made sports harder for me but working with tools easier.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: clocks and 2 guests