Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jpphipps
Topic Author

I Did A Dumb Thing

Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Here's the subject set-up: iMac G3, OS 10.4.11, plenty of HD space. It was running iTunes 7.xxx, and I wanted to upgrade to a later version. I carelessly loaded iTunes 9.xxx into the iMac, and was tartly notified by a screen message that this version of iTunes only runs on G4 and G5 machines. I trashed the iTunes 9xxx, downloaded and installed iTunes 8.2.1 (6) which seemed to load ok. All my playlists and music showed up, and play happily - on the iMac G3.

Now here's the problem: I have two Soundbridges here, a M1000 and a M1001. They connect to the net via a Linksys WRT54G router. Both play Internet Radio Stations comfortably and connect to an iBook G4 running iTunes 9.2 (61) and access its music normally. They "see" the iMac G3, but when I try to access the G3's playlists I get the following on the SB's screen: "Too many users already connected >OK< "

Before I did the iTunes version upgrade, everything was fine and the SB's loaded the iBook G3's playlists and behaved excellently. I've reset the router, zapped the PRAM of the iMac G3, all to no avail. Forgot to mention another thing: I have a second iMac G3 running iTunes 9.2 (61), and the SB's access its iTunes library normally. All I can think of it to do is to re-load the affected iMac's system and see if that helps, but we're in summer residence in OR and I apparently forgot to bring the system discs with me! Can anyone suggest something I can do to the offending iMac G3 to allow the SB's to access its playlists? All thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
3 SoundBridges, 1 SoundBridge Radio - Phoenix, AZ
3 SoundBridges - Netarts, OR

markhood

Re: I Did A Dumb Thing

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Did you perhaps forget to set iTunes to share your music on the local network?