Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jp1
Topic Author

Wealthtv

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:05 pm

I subscribed this morning. I think the quality of the content warrants the monthly price however I have a couple concerns. First, the streaming on the live channel has significant artifacts during playback. Second, the live channel suffers from frequent and sometimes excessive re-buffering...I can't even watch sometimes due to this. Lastly, the on demand content while quite good is too limited in scope. Considering the problems with the live stream there should be a much larger selection available on demand.

Anyone else have these same issues? I would like for them to be resolved because I like the channel and what it brings to the roku experience but as it sits right now I can't justify the monthly charge for what I can reliably watch.

hn333

Re: Wealthtv

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:58 pm

You know there's a reason Wealthtv is called "the worst TV channel ever"

bc24

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:17 pm

hn333 wrote:
You know there's a reason Wealthtv is called "the worst TV channel ever"

So true. It reminds me of MOJO HD. There was like one show on there worth watching. I get WealthTV on FIOS and there is one show worth watching and that is it. I would never pay extra for it.

jp1
Topic Author

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:33 pm

The content seems pretty good to me. Sort of like travel channel/pbs/food network mash up. It doesn't have enough at the moment to keep me locked in though and it is certainly too buggy for primetime.

bc24

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:38 pm

jp1 wrote:
The content seems pretty good to me. Sort of like travel channel/pbs/food network mash up. It doesn't have enough at the moment to keep me locked in though and it is certainly too buggy for primetime.

WealthTV has been around for years and they still don't have any content. If I look at the guide for the shows it is the same ones over and over again. Not worth paying anything for.

mb007

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:33 am

I use to have Wealthtv on my cable system, Verison FIOS, but moved and Time Warner doesn't have it. Glad to see Wealth on Roku 24/7. Programming has alot of international travel, car shows are pretty good, and "Globeriders", BMW bikes traveling across Asia, is worth a look.

mkiker2089

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:24 am

jp1 wrote:

I think the thing is that their content is more fad-ish in nature. What I mean by that is that people find it interesting but their lack of variety and content makes the channel seem tired after a while.

It's like the old show Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. The show was great, once a week. I wouldn't want to watch it all the time however. I certainly wouldn't want to subscribe to a premium channel for it. It's the type of programing that needs to be with a larger channel that deals with other lifestyle topics as well such as gardening, house hunters, architecture etc..

They need to license their content to Hulu, share ad revenue, and be done with it. That's my two cents for you. However we all have different tastes.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.

stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:29 am

I don't want to pay to watch rich people live it up on my Roku that I bought because I couldn't afford the pricey cable anymore lol

hn333

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:36 pm

stratcat96 wrote:
I don't want to pay to watch rich people live it up on my Roku that I bought because I couldn't afford the pricey cable anymore lol

LOL so True :lol:

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:26 pm

The Retched Excess Channel
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

mb007

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:50 pm

I've watched this channel before, they are using the broader aspect of "wealth", as in an abundance of good, not money. A good deal of the programming is travel related, food, etc. This isn't Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous. I'd like to see more 24/7 channels. Anybody know of any coming to Roku?

bbefilms

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:01 pm

mb007 wrote:
I've watched this channel before, they are using the broader aspect of "wealth", as in an abundance of good, not money. A good deal of the programming is travel related, food, etc. This isn't Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous. I'd like to see more 24/7 channels. Anybody know of any coming to Roku?

Agreed; I was filmed by them a few years ago in a segment describing a health-related mobile application I'd developed at UCSD (they're based out of San Diego). Seemed to me like most of the programming was innocuous and well produced.

SolveLLC

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:16 pm

mb007 wrote:

Yes. And that's all the detail we're giving out today. :)

Heyitsrick

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:37 am

I don't really care whether this is "Wealth TV". I just appreciate the precedent of having a linear stream from a cable channel on the box.