Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

keithl1967
Topic Author

Soundbridge M1001 trouble

Mon May 30, 2011 2:41 pm

Hoping someone on here can help me out.

I have a soundbridge M1001, which has been working in my garage for over two years now. We had a power outage the other night (not sure if it is related), and now my soundbridge cannot detect/connect to my home network.

I reset factory defaults, then connected to my router via ethernet.

I then re-booted, trying wifi. it stated that it could not detect any open networks, so I specified the name of my home network. It connected via wifi, and I was able to browse my server containers. This was in my office (same room as the wi-fi router)

I moved the soundbridge back to the garage, and it cannot connect to the network again, after multiple attempts. What's more, it cannot detect any networks, still--which is unsuual--it could often detect multiple networks in my neighborhood.

Any advice to get this back up and running?

dupondt

Re: Soundbridge M1001 trouble

Mon May 30, 2011 11:20 pm

Hello keithl1967,

welcome to the forums.

the power supply might be faulty. Have a look at this thread for information about testing the PSU and buying a suitable replacement.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

keithl1967
Topic Author

Tue May 31, 2011 12:36 pm

I was able to get the unit to work using the LAN port, connected to a wifi print server on the network.

It appears the issue is not the functioning of th eunit, but the functioning of the wi-fi in the unit. Is this indicative of a power supply problem, or is my wi-fi card int he unit bad?

dupondt

Tue May 31, 2011 1:14 pm

keithl1967 wrote:
It appears the issue is not the functioning of th eunit, but the functioning of the wi-fi in the unit. Is this indicative of a power supply problem,

Yes, it is. SoundBridges behaving strangely like yours most likely do not get enough power to run all components. Furthermore Roku's power supplies typically start to die after 18 to 24 months.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot