For about the past month my Roku XD|S has had problems running the Netflix Channel as shown on this video I took:
The strange thing is that only the Netflix Channel seems to be malfunctioning. If all my other channels didn't work perfectly, I would have thought my Roku was broken.
Also, this was not a problem when I first got my Roku. Everything worked just fine until about a month and a half ago.
Netflix is the main reason I decided to invest in a Roku. If I can't get it to work, then I feel like I wasted my money.
Netflix works fine on my PS3, on my browser, and on my Wii.
I wonder if there is something I'm missing. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?
Is this something Roku is responsible for or Netflix? I hope somebody at Roku can give me some answers. I generally like the Roku, so it is disappointing that I am having such a hard time with it.
I hope Roku has a solution to this major problem in the works. It's been quite a while since this problem began, and others seem to have it too.
I have tried:
1. using Google's Public DNS - Worked better for about half a day
2. restarting my network - Usually a temporary fix
3. restarting the Roku - No impact
4. reinstalling the channel - No impact
5. updating Roku firmware - It's updated to version 2.9 build 1553
Here's my Info if it will help matters:
1. Router Make/Model = WRT160N V3 (Linksys/Cisco)
2. Wired/Wireless = I use wired cable Internet
3. Have you done a hard or factory reset? = I have not tried a factory reset.
4. Does it only happen at a particular time/day? This happens randomly and often.
5. Downstream/Upstream Bandwidth = Ping = 262ms Download = 22.51 Mbps Upload = 0.22 Mbps
6. ISP = Time Warner Cable
7. Your Location (state will probably be sufficient) = Southern California
8. Connection type to your TV (RWY/HDMI, etc) = HDMI
9. Number of computers/devices hooked up to your network = 2 PCs, PS3
10. I have tried both wired and wireless (usually use wired)