Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

coop
Topic Author

Cannot Find itunes Library after PC change

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi all, I searched for this particular issue on the boards but could not find an answer so posting this... proabably an easy fix for someone who knows how to do it... I am running a home network with 3 PC's. I had been running my Soundbridge linked to an itues library on one of the PC's, was operating fine for years. Recently switched my itunes library to another PC on the same network and the Soundbridge cant find it. When I try to configure or change libraries on the SB it only lists the previous library on the former PC. I checked my network and my router can see and log into the soundcridge so I know its connected and acccessable. Just can't figure out how to get it to find the new library? Any ideas are welcome.

coop
Topic Author

Re: Cannot Find itunes Library after PC change

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:36 am

Hello.... is there anybody out there?

amdb7

Re: Cannot Find itunes Library after PC change

Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Here's what I would try:

1. Rename the iTunes library to something different than your previous one: Edit - Preferences - General - Library Name
2. Un-share your library on your network: Edit - Preferences - Sharing - uncheck Share my library
- click OK, close and then re-start iTunes.
3. Re-share your library: Edit - Preferences - Sharing - check Share my library
- click OK, close and then re-start iTunes.
4. Ensure that port 3689 is open on your firewall: http://soundbridge.roku.com/support/ts_msf.php