I am using a Roku HD from Japan and have no problem watching lots of great channels with it, But I want to watch Netflix as well.
I can watch Netflix over the PC without Problems and my router is DD-WRT using a VPN. But the IP address of the Roku always shows the japanese IP address.
Can I change it to a US IP address?
You will not find help getting around content geo-blocks here.Forum Guidelines
3rd Party/Unofficial Channel Support/VPN Usage:
- Roku is not liable for any 3rd party or unofficial channel. Use at your own risk.
- Do NOT ask for support or discuss features of 3rd party channels (you know the ones I'm talking about. If you don't, PM me.)
- DO go to the 3rd party official website for any support issues, but DO report any issues you have with the company itself that produced the channel (though that's best served through a PM to me, with EXACT details of the dispute -- when I say exact, I want to be able to, beyond a shadow of a doubt, know everything that you know at the moment you contact me).
- Do NOT flame a Roku moderator when your thread is locked because you're discussing a topic verboten on the forums. This thread serves as your notice that 3rd party channels are not affiliated or supported by Roku, and we reserve the right to lock and/or delete/archive such threads as necessary.
- If you find a channel that is actively participating in illegal activity, definitely contact me so it can be investigated.
- Usage of VPNs to circumvent establish regional broadcast rules should not be discussed on this forum. Be aware that if you post a question regarding the use of a VPN, your thread will be locked immediately.