Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dishuser1
Topic Author

International channels supporting ??

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi,

I am trying to subcibe to reliableIPTV and they are streaming all international channels through ROKU. But I heard that ROKU not supporting International channels no longer other than Dishworld. But ReliableIP is streaming thorugh Priviate channel "ReliableIPTV" . SO can we goahead and purchase relaiableIPTV package? Please conform ROKU supports ReliableIPTV internaltion channels?

Thanks
Keerthi

Dick Drivel

Re: International channels supporting ??

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:28 am

There are still many international channels available on Roku, and reliableIPTV is freely available as a Roku private channel.
http://streamfree.tv/apps/roku-channel- ... hread.html

dishuser1
Topic Author

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Anyone from ROKU Team, please conform ?

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Go here and look for yourself: http://www.roku.com/channels/#!browse/international/by-popular
There are currently 31 international channels, and Dishworld.
Private channels are not checked for function, content, approved or directly supported by Roku.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Just FYI, since it's a "Private" channel, generally Roku can't give guarantees. It's up to the developer to make the guarantees.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:18 pm

dishuser1 wrote:
Anyone from ROKU Team, please conform ?

Private channels don't go through the same process that channel store channels go through for approval, which is why they require vanity codes to install. Roku doesn't give support to 3rd party (private channels) in general, so it basically comes down to caveat emptor. That being said, if you do experience issues, you can report it to me, and I can get it to the higher ups. Likewise, if a channel developer ends up violating our service agreement in any manner, I can also get that information to the appropriate people for any action that's required.

However, I recommend if any of the above does happen, don't post in the open forums. Send me a PM directly with as much information as humanly possible, along with your contact information should we need to follow-up with you. If it's just a general issue, feel free to post, but be aware some channels are verboten topics on the forums, and may be locked (I generally allow at least 24 hours before doing so, however).

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

RokuPatrick

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 pm

The international channels that were previously in the Channel Store (including ReliableIPTV) are no longer available for new customers. If you wish to subscribe to new international service, please visit the International row in the Channel store for what's currently available, including DISHWorld.