Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

benson830
Topic Author

Disney Junior Error 400-1: User not authorized error

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:13 pm

Seems nobody experience this problem so I started this post. I suddenly got this error today and I have unplugged the roku for few hours and still doesn't work.
Any advise please?! My kids freaking out without the disney Channel.
Re-activate is not an option for me as the comcast subscription is from my uncle and he is out of town at the moment. I am sure he didn't freeze or suspend his account during his vacation.
Please help.

thetick

Re: Disney Junior Error 400-1: User not authorized error

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Wonder if Comcast's authorization process is able determine that your IP address is not that of the owner of the account (your uncle). You will need to reauthorize regardless.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / Disney XD / PBS / Smithsonian
PC / Chromecast for all other media
Verizon FIOS

bullbray

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:48 pm

I have same problem, how do I re-register?

thetick

Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:46 pm

bullbray wrote:
I have same problem, how do I re-register?

Click the Options (*) button. You should be able to select something like login or link.
TheTick
Verizon FIOS

bullbray

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:52 am

I figured it out last night, re-authorized the channels and now they work just fine, thanks for the help. How often do you have to re-authorize channels? I have only had my roku 1 month.

Elijah_Baley

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:27 am

bullbray wrote:
I figured it out last night, re-authorized the channels and now they work just fine, thanks for the help. How often do you have to re-authorize channels? I have only had my roku 1 month.

I don't know about the particular channel you mention but I almost never have had to reauthorize any of my channels unless I deleted/re-added them or there was an unexpected serious system error. (Only happened once in a year or so.)

Some channels may use authentication methods that will require more often refresh. This would be particularly true of channels that require a cable TV subscription to work.
Two Roku 3s and a Roku 1 and a Roku Ultra
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

iluvermont

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Seems like I can't get a good answer as to how to make my Disney Junior channel work on my Roku. Half the shows work and the other half give me the error 400_1 User not Authorized. Wondering why we can watch certain shows but not all of them. Our subscription to Dish network does not include Disney Junior in the package. I've tried un-plugging and re-plugging and reauthorizing... nothing seems to make a difference! Any ideas???

thetick

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:38 pm

iluvermont wrote:
Seems like I can't get a good answer as to how to make my Disney Junior channel work on my Roku. Half the shows work and the other half give me the error 400_1 User not Authorized. Wondering why we can watch certain shows but not all of them. Our subscription to Dish network does not include Disney Junior in the package. I've tried un-plugging and re-plugging and reauthorizing... nothing seems to make a difference! Any ideas???

I had authentication issues with Disney Jr also. I just gave up and my son watches Disneyjr on the computer or on the TV with FIOS. It's just too much of a pain in the *** to always authenticate with Roku .. half time it just does not work.
TheTick
Verizon FIOS

FallenAnjel

Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:47 pm

I am having the same problem, after successfully watching disney at my babysitting job on their roku in the past. I got a message today that I had to authorize but I get this error too. I use my friend's computer to authorize, and it's automatically logging in w/ optimum. I think the computer has saved the name and pass of the person who used it last. (the people I babysit for). I tried clearing cookies and, that didn't work. I also tried using an incognito browser and it STILL automatically logged the other person in. I need to get to a screen where I can log in my OWN optimum name and pass. I think this happened to me before and that's what I did.. I used an incognito browser and it worked, but this time it's not... I'll try clearing cookies in the incognito browser.

As for what the OP said about comcast knowing the person's IP that doesn't make sense because you can take your roku anywhere and the whole idea of these "to go" channels is so you can watch them anywhere. So IP is irrelevant. of course IP is going to be different if you go to China and want to watch your American shows.

I'll post back if I get it working.

trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:44 pm

FallenAnjel wrote:
I am having the same problem, after successfully watching disney at my babysitting job on their roku in the past. I got a message today that I had to authorize but I get this error too. I use my friend's computer to authorize, and it's automatically logging in w/ optimum. I think the computer has saved the name and pass of the person who used it last. (the people I babysit for). I tried clearing cookies and, that didn't work. I also tried using an incognito browser and it STILL automatically logged the other person in. I need to get to a screen where I can log in my OWN optimum name and pass. I think this happened to me before and that's what I did.. I used an incognito browser and it worked, but this time it's not... I'll try clearing cookies in the incognito browser.

As for what the OP said about comcast knowing the person's IP that doesn't make sense because you can take your roku anywhere and the whole idea of these "to go" channels is so you can watch them anywhere. So IP is irrelevant. of course IP is going to be different if you go to China and want to watch your American shows.

I'll post back if I get it working.

This post is 2 years old, likely the people having these issues are not anymore.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert

drockw

Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Don't be so sure, I just found this and the error and confusion continues.

Just some kind of guidelines or explanations would suffice.

I am not given any type of log-in option, there's no way it knows my provider or that kind of thing from remote IPs and on a Chromebook using a log in that never had me connected to my provider before. Likewise my internet is not through my provider, so that wouldn't explain it here either.

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:33 pm

drockw wrote:
Don't be so sure, I just found this and the error and confusion continues.

Just some kind of guidelines or explanations would suffice.

I am not given any type of log-in option, there's no way it knows my provider or that kind of thing from remote IPs and on a Chromebook using a log in that never had me connected to my provider before. Likewise my internet is not through my provider, so that wouldn't explain it here either.

Suggest opening a new thread with a complete description of your issue. Details such as your device type, Internet Service Provider, and TV service provider should be given.

From Forum Rules:
In general, if a thread is more than six months old, generate a new thread
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku 2 (4210), Roku Stick (3600)
Apple TV (4th gen), Fire TV, TiVo, Android TV (MiBox)

Previous:
Roku generation 1, 2, 3, & 4 boxes.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd gen)

mickenna

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 pm

I got the same error code 400 and all I had to do is log out of Disney Junior and get a new activation code and reactivate it and I was good to go. I have no idea qhy the have you do tjat on this TV. I have to reactivate everything like ESPN, BIG TEN NETWORK all the time.