Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mas

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:26 pm

Well so far the only way to bring up the menu on the M1001 is to issue the IR command via the telnet session.

Except for that it's kind of fully functional and works.

So indeed it would be perfect if it had an IR code. Then we could bug Logitech and all the other Learning remote vendors to include the code in their databases and really use this nicely.

P.S.:
Just tried this command on a Pinnacle HomeMusic. LOL* Also kind of works, is just that half of the menu doesnt fit on the LCD and hence one can only set the alarm by trial and error method blindly hehe. There it is not really usable and one would need RCP support to really use it. On the M1001 it is fully usable though except for the hassle to bring up the menu.
Those who sacrifice freedom over safety deserve neither.

megaplow

M1001 Plugins?

Fri May 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Is it possible to write a plugin for the M1001 so that there is an alarm clock in it? I would rather leave my computer out of it and have all the controls in the roku unit.

Thoughts

guisar

M500 Alarm- work for anyone?

Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:26 am

I have set the alarms on the M500 and it "works" in the sense that the radio turns on however there is no buzzer or music- only the display alters. Anyone else have a different experience?

FrankB

alarm speakers

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:47 am

Hi,

What speakers are you using when the alarm function is used? I would assume that the speakers power themselves on and off based on a signal being present or not. Is that the case?

thanks,
Frank

guisar

M500 Alarm (not)

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:49 am

I have the speakers on permanently- I'm using computer speakers which unfortunately do not have a powersave/instant on feature. I've adusted the volume etc. The alarm display comes on- just no noise from the speakers attached to my M500.

FrankB

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:07 pm

Sorry guisar, my question was really in general, not directed at you. If I'm going to use the alarm functionality, I think it's necessary to have speakers that will switch themselves based on an audio signal being present.

So, if you are using the alarm function, what speakers do you use?

I could be off, maybe the power consumed by computer speakers is negligible whether on or off, I haven't measured it yet.

thanks,
Frank

FrankB

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:33 am

guisar,

I tried the alarm on my M500 this morning. It worked fine playing a preset set to an internet radio station. Be aware that the default volume of 50 was pretty low when played on my receiver.

Frank

jameshsi

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:57 am

PaulH wrote:
This may not be exactly the solution you are seeking, but I've made some changes to my SoundBridge Remote control Yahoo! widget to allow access to the SoundBridge alarm clock features.

http://www.widgetgallery.com/view.php?widget=39187

Shift-click R button will take you to the alarm clock settings, as well as pressing the A key. Pressing the Z key will take you to the snooze settings.

(You will have to download the free Yahoo! Widget Engine for this and other Yahoo! Widgets to work.)

Paul

Hey, You are really really great!!
Thanks.

rajt

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:26 am

Hi

I have both a M1001 (non-HR) and a R1000. I would like to have the 'sleep' function accessible from the remote on my R1000 as I dont want to get up each time!

Can this command be used with the standard remote to give me access to the sleep function via the menus on the R1000?

If so, will the menu option stay there permanently until the system is rebooted?

Thanks

gaucho

Alarm for M models using remote

Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:37 am

Hi all,

This might be of interest to soundbridge owners that have some kind of linux server running and especially to those that are using an NSLU2 as their music server.
I have written a piece of c-code that connect to the soundbridge and activates the alarm screen after 3 consecutive presses of the add-button on the soundbridge remote.
I've tested it on an M1000 and M2000 and it works like a charm.

You can download the package here . It contains a README, the source code and a binary (executable) for the NSLU2.

Please leave a post here if you get it to work for your soundbridge.

rajt

Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:22 am

Could this code be extended to activate the sleep function on the Roku Radio ?

Thanks

rajt

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:05 am

After playing around with the IrDispatchCommand, it seems that this could finally solve the problem of accessing Sleep through the remote using the C-code written by gaucho.

I have a NSLU but have not unslung it. I am trying to run the code supplied by gaucho on a Open Firmware version of the Maxtor Shared Storage plus. I am a novice Linux person, so here is what I am trying to achieve:

1. Using the compiled code, I get the message 'Applet not found'. I am running it using './M-alarm'. I get the same if I try to run the source code.

2. I have modified the code to replace CK_ALARM with CK_SNOOZE, but do not know how to compile it on the Maxtor. I have tried commands such as gcc, but this command is not found. (Do I compile in a certain directory?)

3. Is it possible to pass the CK_ALARM and the CK_ADD as parameters? So that the code can be used for SNOOZE or ALARM with any button?

4. Where do I get a full list of the remote key constants, i.e. CK_ADD is the plus button, but what are the constants for the rest of the buttons.

5. Would you know how extra keys could be mapped from a universal remote (if at all)?

6. Lastly, the way the Snooze button works on the R1000 is, you press the button on the unit and '10 minutes' appears. If you press the button again within 2 seconds '20 minutes' appears.
If you press the button again within 2 seconds '30 minutes' appears etc etc. My question is, you are checking for the 'add' button being pressed 3 times, and once it has you reset the counter to 0.
How would I modify the code to only reset the counter after 2 seconds and 3 presses. This will allow me to press the 'add' button continuously (after the initial 3 presses) to scroll through the different sleep times ?

(Not sure why we have to do all this as the code is available, so Roku just need to have the menu commands available to the remote! All hi-fi products you buy that have the sleep functionality, all have a sleep button on the remote, as that is the idea of it!)

Thanks !

Goemon

Use the Alarm completly with IR remote on M1001

Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:23 pm

Hello,

I have incorporated the alarm feature in my current Tools4Roku - so I can access it fully from the remote control (3xHome, Select Alarm in the appearing menu :-) ). So I can use the Alarm when ever I like without need to hack into to SB via Telnet.

to Roku: Please do not deactivate this feature - I use and love it!
Soundbridge M1001 / uNSLUng / mt-daapd / [url=http://billiatjapan.netfirms.com/Tools4Roku] Tools4Roku
[/url]

MikeSel^

Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:11 am

I have developed the following VB Script which does it all for you

I am sure you will be able to figure out which bits you need to send :)

tcpClient.SendData(tcpClient.StringToBytes("IrDispatchCommand CK_ALARM" & vbCrLf))
        Threading.Thread.Sleep(5000)
        tcpClient.SendData(tcpClient.StringToBytes("IrDispatchCommand CK_SOURCE" & vbCrLf))
        tcpClient.SendData(tcpClient.StringToBytes("IrDispatchCommand CK_SCAN_UP" & vbCrLf))
        tcpClient.SendData(tcpClient.StringToBytes("IrDispatchCommand CK_SOURCE" & vbCrLf))
        tcpClient.SendData(tcpClient.StringToBytes("IrDispatchCommand CK_SCAN_UP" & vbCrLf))
        tcpClient.SendData(tcpClient.StringToBytes("IrDispatchCommand CK_ALARM" & vbCrLf))

Burkhardi

Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:47 am

For what it's worth, I use this app and can set the alarm and better then that, sleep function too!

I you can add or remove untis too. I use it for my M1001 in the bed room all the time and sometimes for the M2000 in the living room.

Just my 2-cents (take it or leave it), Matt

http://beeka.110mb.com/

Last edited by Burkhardi on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku