- Go to https://www.roku.com/channels#!browse/games/by-ratings (I am choosing sort by "highest rated" because is easier to spot the problem)
- What you see will look something like this (GandK Reversi is on top for me)
- It only makes sense that the order in which they are sorted now will be monotonically decreasing (i.e. non-increasing) re the stars rating, yes? So we start at 4.5, then eventually go to the apps with 4 stars, then 3.5 and so on. Let's gingerly scroll down and make sure that is the case...
- Wait! What is this? Suddenly there is a jump in the stars, the sort is broken! (currently i see this at first between "Dance Party"=3.5, followed by "Monkey Pole Climb"=5)
- Then the order continues for a while in decreasing order and - BAM! - it happens again, this time from "Casino Slots" 2.5* it jumps to "Robreed - Flippin' Awesome"=5*, then starts going down.
- Next hiccup is from "Marble Puzzle"=3.5 jumping up to "Gem Girl"=4.5
- And one more, when from "GlobalTrade"=3.5 it goes up to "Treasures"=5
PS. i notice the pattern 6666 in this - the sort reversal/singularity happens every 6 rows. Or maybe it's in batches of 24 channels (6 rows x 4 per row), though that doesn't sound as ominous. The point is that sort only works within small portions of the list and there is no way to see which is the best-rated item overall. I suspect the same is true for sorting by "most popular" but have no handy example to illustrate the dis-order there.