Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darciep96
Reel Rookie

Channel 4 live not working Roku tv

Jump to solution

Hi there I have brought a ROKU JVC SMART TV LT-32CR230 I have downloaded channel 4 app and it’s not giving me the live tv option on there? BBC iPlayer and itv let me watch live but channel 4 won’t? Why is this? 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel 4 live not working Roku tv

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB wrote:

Hi @Darciep96@Roy76,

Could you please tell us the name of the channel you are attempting to access?

John - the channel name is Channel 4. It's one of the broadcast options in the United Kingdom.  Link to Channel 4 app in UK version of the Channel Store: https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/6c1de7956e0cae18c199bd8769153347/channel-4.  Their webpage is www.channel4.com

-------------

@Darciep96& @Roy76 -

This Channel 4 FAQ page says:

Watch Live is supported on most of our platforms (Amazon, Roku, PS4, Samsung Tizen, iOS, Android and Channel4.com).

To check the TV Guide CLICK HERE

If you are having any issues with Watch Live please get in touch via our CONTACT US form.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.

Channel 4 Team have replied stating the following:

At the moment, the Watch Live function is not available across all devices. It can only be accessed via our website, the iOS app, certain Android devices, Amazon Firestick, certain models of Roku/Now TV devices, earlier models of Samsung TVs and Apple TV due to licensing agreements. However, Channel 4 is committed to improving and expanding the Channel 4 Streaming service and look to expand the Watch live function in the future.

We apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Not the only one, my parents have a Roku 4K box that works perfectly for showing ‘LIVE’ section, but as soon as they go to the new JVC Roku tv, the channel 4 app doesn’t show the ‘LIVE’ anywhere on it.

All i can guess is that because the tv has freeview Channel 4 remove it from the app.  There’s no way of contacting channel 4 for them to fix it and the freeview is horrible for signal around our area, which is why we all went with Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Darciep96 @Roy76,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. Could you please tell us the name of the channel you are attempting to access?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It’s the Channel 4 app from the roku store.

it shows live on the tab with a Roku box, but using a Roku Smart TV & launching the Channel 4 app there’s no Live section.

ive been searching today & it seems there’s not only us two that has the issue but it’s all over the smart tv’s with the channel 4 app.

i have sent Channel 4 an email to see if they can explain what’s going on, as I’ve had trouble with apps before & posted on here only to be told to get in touch with the app creator.

it would just be nice if these app creators would actually state what works with what devices without falsely adverting certain features for ALL devices to get you to download the app.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB wrote:

Hi @Darciep96@Roy76,

Could you please tell us the name of the channel you are attempting to access?

John - the channel name is Channel 4. It's one of the broadcast options in the United Kingdom.  Link to Channel 4 app in UK version of the Channel Store: https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/6c1de7956e0cae18c199bd8769153347/channel-4.  Their webpage is www.channel4.com

-------------

@Darciep96& @Roy76 -

This Channel 4 FAQ page says:

Watch Live is supported on most of our platforms (Amazon, Roku, PS4, Samsung Tizen, iOS, Android and Channel4.com).

To check the TV Guide CLICK HERE

If you are having any issues with Watch Live please get in touch via our CONTACT US form.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

live-roku.jpg
This is on a Roku 4K box - Notice the 'LIVE TV' option.

No-live-jvc.jpg

This is on a JVC Smart Roku TV - Notice NO option for 'Live TV'

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Roy76, I think you should contact Channel 4 using the link @makaiguy supplied above since it's their app.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.

Channel 4 Team have replied stating the following:

At the moment, the Watch Live function is not available across all devices. It can only be accessed via our website, the iOS app, certain Android devices, Amazon Firestick, certain models of Roku/Now TV devices, earlier models of Samsung TVs and Apple TV due to licensing agreements. However, Channel 4 is committed to improving and expanding the Channel 4 Streaming service and look to expand the Watch live function in the future.

We apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

makaiguy

Jump to solution

Too bad they didn't share with us WHICH certain Roku devices ...

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

In addition to which devices, it would be nice to know why.  Do some Roku devices not have the horsepower to show a guide? 🙄

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos