Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josephddn

Faith genre not in streaming store

Jump to solution

Why did FAITH genre get removed from apps list?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: Faith genre not in streaming store

Jump to solution

Roku did a purge last year. Many of the channels were set up years ago and never maintained or abandoned by their creators. Some were placeholders with little or no content. Many more couldn't even be opened.

Last last year, Roku adopted a new programming language for creating a channel. Roku required all channels to be rewritten by December 2023. Those failing to comply are now gone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Hobowifey

Jump to solution

I want to know too?

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Not just religion. Education, international, and many more. I'm hoping it was just a programming error.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

All those categories are still available via the online Roku Channel Store. https://channelstore.roku.com/browse/faith-based

Can add them to your device from there until resolved.  Hopefully just a glitch as mentioned.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

ldel4567

Jump to solution

The Faith Based category is there, but many many of the channels aren't . There was one particular that I had in my menu and is now gone. But I know there were many more options than they currently have. 

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku did a purge last year. Many of the channels were set up years ago and never maintained or abandoned by their creators. Some were placeholders with little or no content. Many more couldn't even be opened.

Last last year, Roku adopted a new programming language for creating a channel. Roku required all channels to be rewritten by December 2023. Those failing to comply are now gone.

0 Kudos