Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjstreamer
Reel Rookie

Photo Streams keeps showing same set of photos

I have Photo Streams linked to one of my Google Photo albums. The album has about 500 photos in it. But every time Photo Streams runs, it will keep showing  photos from the earlier part of the collection (date-wise). It seems to completely ignore more recent photos in the collection. I assumed that the photos chosen were random, so it would span across the entire photo set, but it clearly does not. Has anyone else noticed this also?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo Streams keeps showing same set of photos

Hi @cjstreamer,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Please be advised that photo streams may allow only at least 100 photos to stream. For further information regarding this feature and functionality, you can refer to this support article on how to use Photo Streams on your Roku streaming device.

Let us know if you have other concerns or inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hello Community Members,

Having linked my Photo Streams to a Google Photo album containing around 500 photos, I've encountered a persistent issue - Photo Streams repetitively displays images from the earlier section of the collection, seemingly overlooking the newer ones. Despite assuming the selection to be random and spanning the entire set, it consistently neglects recent additions. Is this a shared experience? Also, if you use, visit, or have installed PicsArt, your insights would be appreciated....Good Luckk!!

0 Kudos
cjstreamer
Reel Rookie

You need to break up your Photo Stream into multiple sets with a maximum of 100 each to accommodate the full set of 500.

0 Kudos

Accordint to roku's tip page, you can have up to 1000 in the photo streams

https://www.roku.com/blog/roku-photo-streams

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The blog post contradicts the support page which states, "Note: A stream may not allow 100 photos if the storage limit for the Roku account has been exceeded."

How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

I suspect the blog is wrong.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.