Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlierice90
Reel Rookie

Removing a channel without an option to remove

Jump to solution

Why do most channels have the option to remove, but a few don't? I used to be able to go to the channel store and remove them the same way I put it on. I'm trying to clean up my channel list of apps and channels that don't get used, and I have 1 I cannot remove any ideas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Removing a channel without an option to remove

Jump to solution

@charlierice90-

Premium channels to which you have subscribed THROUGH ROKU will not let you remove them from the Roku on-screen interface as long as you have an active subscription.  The best you can do is "manage the subscription" and cancel future payments.  Your subscription will continue until your pre-paid subscription period runs out.  At that time you can remove the channel.

Try using the official Roku remote app on an Android/iOS phone/tablet connected to one of the Rokus on your account.  At the bottom of the first screen, click Search and do a search for the installed channel name.  On the resulting screen you should get options to Launch the channel on your Roku, or Remove the channel.  I've never tried to remove a subscribed-thru-Roku channel (I haven't had one for years) but some have said this worked for them even while the subscription is still active.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Removing a channel without an option to remove

Jump to solution

@charlierice90-

Premium channels to which you have subscribed THROUGH ROKU will not let you remove them from the Roku on-screen interface as long as you have an active subscription.  The best you can do is "manage the subscription" and cancel future payments.  Your subscription will continue until your pre-paid subscription period runs out.  At that time you can remove the channel.

Try using the official Roku remote app on an Android/iOS phone/tablet connected to one of the Rokus on your account.  At the bottom of the first screen, click Search and do a search for the installed channel name.  On the resulting screen you should get options to Launch the channel on your Roku, or Remove the channel.  I've never tried to remove a subscribed-thru-Roku channel (I haven't had one for years) but some have said this worked for them even while the subscription is still active.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos