Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcnoble
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Pro model RC917 stopped controlling sound volume

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra and (2) Roku Voice Remote Pros: models RC795 (came with Ultra) and RC917. The remote model RC917 stopped controlling the sound volume, The remote RC795 continues to control volume fine.  I have had them since Dec 2023 (90 days) and until today both worked.  I have checked the Roku software and it is up to date. I tried pairing the RC917 again, but no sound control.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.    Charles

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro model RC917 stopped controlling sound volume

Jump to solution

@jcnoble, I don't have a good answer for you, but you'll find several reports of remotes that suddenly lose the ability to control the power and volume of a TV.  I'm not familiar with remote model numbers, but for ones that have removable batteries, often removing the batteries and reinserting them fixes it.  I have a rechargeable remote and there's a "Reboot remote" option buried in one of the "Secret" screens that they don't want us to discuss here that restores control when it happens to that remote.  Others have reported that going through the pairing process again fixes it.  Finally, try going through the "Set up remote for TV control" process again.  Don't confuse "pairing" with the setting up for TV control - they're two different things.

How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote | Official Roku Support

How to set up your Roku® voice remote to control your TV | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jcnoble, I don't have a good answer for you, but you'll find several reports of remotes that suddenly lose the ability to control the power and volume of a TV.  I'm not familiar with remote model numbers, but for ones that have removable batteries, often removing the batteries and reinserting them fixes it.  I have a rechargeable remote and there's a "Reboot remote" option buried in one of the "Secret" screens that they don't want us to discuss here that restores control when it happens to that remote.  Others have reported that going through the pairing process again fixes it.  Finally, try going through the "Set up remote for TV control" process again.  Don't confuse "pairing" with the setting up for TV control - they're two different things.

How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote | Official Roku Support

How to set up your Roku® voice remote to control your TV | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jcnoble
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thank you

0 Kudos