Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iFrog
Roku Guru

For Anyone who uses the "SBN Now" Channel, dark video on live feed problem is being looked into

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I own a Roku Ultra 2022 model 4802RW with OS version 12.0.0 build 4184-C2

I use the SBN Now channel regularly to watch the programming  when unable to attend the church locally, or to  watch programs during the week.

Yesterday I noticed that the English Domestic Feed was very dark as if someone turned down the brightness and contrast.  I have performed the standard troubleshooting as in power cycle, checking cables ports / etc, and it seems to be a remote issue.  I have talked to a few other people who use the channel, and happen to have a Roku and they reported the same issue.  So, I have sent a report of the problem to the support / developer of that channel as this does not appear a Roku direct issue, but it is an issue with the channel on the Roku platform. Will post updates on what I find out, and when things get resolved.

Using the archived videos works fine, it's strictly the live video feed with the issue on Rokus.  A temporary solution would be to use an alternative device while the issue is being resolved.

The SBN Now app is supported on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and Fire TV.

I was just emailed this morning by someone from support and I gave them the info they requested.

So, just wanted to bring this to the community and let people here, who also may watch the channel know about the problem and that right now as it stands doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, and a couple of alternative platforms to watch on, if you don't have access to the actual over the air channel, or cable, etc.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iFrog
Roku Guru

Re: For Anyone who uses the "SBN Now" Channel, dark video on live feed problem is being lo

Jump to solution

Great News, while support hasn't contacted me directly.  There was an update for SBN Now for Roku that seems to clear up the dark video problem.  Go to settings:System:Software update and let it check for updates.

The new version is: 8.311 build 1.  It was 8.310 build 1.  Hope this resolves the issue for everyone!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
yordi
Binge Watcher

Re: For Anyone who uses the "SBN Now" Channel, dark video on live feed problem is being lo

Jump to solution

Thank you i watch often.

iFrog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@yordi wrote:

Thank you i watch often.

You're welcome, I haven't heard any sort of official resolve after providing info the support requested.

There are a couple of things you can do, if this issue really affects you.

1.  You can watch the SBN Live stream through their YouTube channel for free, and it's the exact same live feed you get on SBN Now, and it doesn't have the issue.

2.  You can use an alternative platform such as an Android TV, or Fire TV, or Apple TV to use the SBN Now app. without the issue(s) described.

Here is the SBN Live Stream through YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma3qosbWvN0&list=WL&index=2

If you are using the YouTube for TV interface you may need to search for SBN Live.  However the thumbnail here should give you the reference needed to find the right stream.

EDIT: just realized this forum doesn't give you the YouTube thumbnail for videos.

0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Great News, while support hasn't contacted me directly.  There was an update for SBN Now for Roku that seems to clear up the dark video problem.  Go to settings:System:Software update and let it check for updates.

The new version is: 8.311 build 1.  It was 8.310 build 1.  Hope this resolves the issue for everyone!

0 Kudos
yordi
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It sure did thanks for the info-)))))

0 Kudos
yordi
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I can now watch SBN  without any problems AT ALL!!!!!!

iFrog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@yordi wrote:

I can now watch SBN  without any problems AT ALL!!!!!!

Excellent! glad to hear it.  I will wait and see if there are any other replies in a day or two, and then mark this as the solution, or I can mark my own post as the solution.  Just want to wait for comments to come in for a bit, first.

0 Kudos