Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Compatibility

I want to buy a Roku & use it at my home in Brazil. Does anyone know if Roku is compatible internationally? 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: International Compatibility

It should be fine since Brazil is a supported country.  You can preview the channels/apps available in the Brazil Channel Store.

https://channelstore.roku.com/pt-br/browse/filmes-and-tv

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

To add to what @Strega2 said, bear in mind that if you purchase and set up a Roku in one region/country and take it to another you may have issues.  If you're purchasing it, setting it up, and using it all in Brazil you shouldn't have any problems.  If you're purchasing it somewhere else, wait until you get to Brazil to set it up or factory reset it when you get there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tcloree333
Reel Rookie

I need help! I recently moved from the US to Canada. I had a Roku acct previously in US. Once I got to Canada I bought a new Roku device here and during set up i tried to create a new Roku account but it defaulted me to the previous US one. I can’t download Canadian Apps, even thought this device was purchased in Canada. Please help! I am paying for Crave and cannot access it! Thank you! 

0 Kudos
renojim

You need to create a Roku account that's associated with Canada.  Cookies or data saved by your browser are probably interfering with the process.  Try using a different browser or a private/incognito browser window when you create your new Roku account at https://my.roku.com.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tcloree333
Reel Rookie

Thank you! So I should:

1. reset my device to factory

2. create a new email bot associated with roku

3. Delete my existing Roku account

4. create a new Roku account associated with Canada, using incognito browser

5. activate my device with the new Canadian Roku account

does this sound like a good plan? 
thanks! 

0 Kudos
renojim

@Tcloree333, that sounds like a good plan.  🙂  It seems like it's far to easy to create an account that's associated with the wrong region and that just messes everything up.

0 Kudos