Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HunyBuny1

YouTube Chinese interference

Why is it that after a YouTube video has played for 10 minutes or so.....all of a sudden the video is replaced by a Chinese woman crocheting?    or a Chinese teenager playing a video game?   or a Chinese Commercial?    This has been happening to me for at least a year now.   So annoying.

Aside from that problem;  when a YouTube station is playing a previously aired news program -  the picture shown on screen does not match the news story that they are talking about?  For example, I often get a still picture of President Donald Trump.....instead of a picture of the immigrants crossing the border. 

Does this happen to anyone else?   I really don't know who to contact to report this.  Seems like a hack to me.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube Chinese interference

Hi @HunyBuny1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us for support, and we'd be more than happy to assist you.

Most channels have their commercials before, during, and after the video, and they can't be removed unless you have a premium subscription. For more detailed information, we highly advise contacting the channel provider. You can visit their support page here: Contact Us.

Best regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos