Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dianed53
Reel Rookie

Have ACORN thru ROKU Channel on ROKU TV but can't get it on my ROKU stick

Jump to solution

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Have ACORN thru ROKU Channel on ROKU TV but can't get it on my ROKU stick

Jump to solution

What's the model number of this stick written on it or displayed under Settings->System->About?  Roku hasn't used codes to link a Roku device for years.  If you paid for Acorn through The Roku Channel then it should be available on any Roku device linked to the same Roku account (also displayed under Settings->System->About).  The only way to link a Roku device to a different Roku account is to factory reset it and set it up again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

What do you mean by "can't get it"?  It doesn't show up on your stick?  Are your TV and stick linked to the same Roku account?  Check the email address that's displayed on each on under Settings->System->About.

dianed53
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I mean there is no way for me to SIGN IN when I go to the Acorn app thru the roku Channel on my Roku stick.  I already have a Roku account with my email and a password -- and I purchased a subscriptiont o ACORN to use on my ROKU tv -- thru the Roku Channel.  That works just fine.  Yetwhen I go to my smart tv with a ROKU stick -- they want me to start a free trial and there is no place to sign in.  i cannot figure it out!

0 Kudos
dianed53
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think i switched out my Roku stick -- that might be the problem.  Mine wasn't working and I have my deceased mom's so I stuck it in and it worksed fine but it is not linked to my account.   Hence I cannot get the ACORN channel except on my ROKU tv.  Because the ROKU stick is already working there does not seem a way to relink it -- when I unplugged it and replugged it does not go to initial setting and you need a CODE to activate a Roku stick.  Geesh.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

What's the model number of this stick written on it or displayed under Settings->System->About?  Roku hasn't used codes to link a Roku device for years.  If you paid for Acorn through The Roku Channel then it should be available on any Roku device linked to the same Roku account (also displayed under Settings->System->About).  The only way to link a Roku device to a different Roku account is to factory reset it and set it up again.

dianed53
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes the problem has been solved just as you mentioned -- a factory reset.  Apparently my old ROKU stick was still linked to my account and when it stopped working I replaced it with my mom's ROKU stick.  So the issue was the ROKU stick I am currently using was NOT LINKED to my account.  I deleted the old stick on my account, did a factory reseet of the current stick and the problem is solved.  I am now able to receive ACORN thru the ROKU channel on my current ROKU stick.  I am learning new things every day and I thank you for all the assistance

0 Kudos