Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Play Vod files on the Roku TV

Jump to solution

I recently bought a Hisense Roku TV but it is unable to play my VOD files on a Roku media player is there any other media player for Roku to play these files as my previous RCA TV was able to play this

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to Play Vod files on the Roku TV

Jump to solution

Roku devices play a pretty limited number of video formats.  There's no way around it, so all apps have the same limitations.  You can see the list here:

How to use Roku Media Player to play your videos, music and photos | Official Roku Support

If you have a server that's capable of transcoding (like Plex running on a computer), you may be able to play your files.  Otherwise, you'd need to convert them into a supported format.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to Play Vod files on the Roku TV

Jump to solution

Roku devices play a pretty limited number of video formats.  There's no way around it, so all apps have the same limitations.  You can see the list here:

How to use Roku Media Player to play your videos, music and photos | Official Roku Support

If you have a server that's capable of transcoding (like Plex running on a computer), you may be able to play your files.  Otherwise, you'd need to convert them into a supported format.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.