Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tfreeman

Re: Paramount plus not working on my Roku

Jump to solution

Hi Mary, I am having the same issues and as I troubleshoot internet connectivity issues for a living, I might be able to provide a detailed feedback experience for you. @RokuMary-F 

1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device? Roku Express +
  2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Multiple channels including Paramount +, Disney+, Hulu, and even the Roku Channel
  3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel? Yes, on ,Paramount I am receiving  generic playback issue error, on Disney and Hulu I am getting copyright and license errors. On Roku I am getting license errors.
  4. What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue? I have power cycled the roku device, i have done a reboot on the roku device, i have checked my internet connection, i have factory reset my roku device and i have tried the services on non-Roku devices. The issue only appears to be happening on my roku device.
  5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? I am currently unable to provide a screenshot. Though, the apps are opening normally, and will get to the show, and appear to load the show, but at best it plays for a few seconds and then gives me the errors. I hope this information will assist you in approaching the Roku engineering team. From what I and others are experiencing, it seems as if this might be an issue with the Roku servers and their internet connection, or maybe a licensing issue via the Roku servers. Maybe contracts with the content providers lapsed, and ya'll are still in negotiations?
36racin

Jump to solution

I have 3 roku devices and none will allow me to watch any channels.  I get copyright license, errors codes and not authorized to watch.  All started yesterday 1-12-23

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Paramount+ known issues page:  https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/Instructions-Known-Issues-All-Paramount-Domestic

Currently showing problems on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Comcast, Cox, and Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
daledlathrop
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus error causes errors on other apps

Jump to solution

I receive the error “Error. Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again.” when trying to play Paramount Plus shows. This also leads to strange problems with other apps. The route to get there is complex. Here are the steps and the results:

Have 9.99 level subscription
Remove Paramount Plus channel from Roku
Reboot router
Reboot Roku
go to roku home and add Paramount Plus channel
test Netflix (walking dead) plays correctly
test prime video (jurrassic world) plays correctly
test roku channel(martha gardens s1ep 4) plays correctly
test paramount plus (picard - resume) plays correctly
test paramount plus (movie Devotion) FAIL with error “Error. Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again.”
retest paramount plus (Picard - resume) FAIL with error “Error. Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again.”
Retest roku channel (martha gardens s1 ep 4) FAIL with error "Cannot Access Program The world of succulents is not available or has expired OK"
Retest Prime Video (Jurassic world) FAIL - get captions but no audio or video
Retest Netflix (walking dead) FAIL audio and captions but no video - fast forward and then get error tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12) "We're having trouble playing this video right now"

The above sequence happens on both of my devices - both are updated - model 3930x roku express, serial x0040077rsog, device id s00830447rsog

This appears to be a problem with paramount plus. I cannot delete this subscription because it says I have access until 2/12/23 even after i cancel the subscription. I wish I could completely delete my paramount plus account and start over.

aaustin912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s not just Paramount. I can’t get Netflix, Peacock or Hulu to play on my Express either 

36racin

Jump to solution

Two of my devices

Model 3930w- Roku Express

Serial #x00400uyau21 (s009312yau21)

Software version 11.5.0  build 4312-ae

Timestamp 2023-01-13t17:36:27z

id# 21-018-336

Modle 3930 Roku Express

Serial # x00400k34re2 (s00820a34re2)

Software version 11.5.0 build 4312-ae

Timestamp 2023-01-13-17:38:12z

Id# e2-018-338

I can go get our third device and do the same....But I guessing it's a roku programing issue.

0 Kudos
aaustin912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If it’s an Express, you’ll have the same issue. Only my Roku Stick appears to be immune 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the recent posts regarding playback errors when accessing the Paramount+ channel on Roku devices.

If you are experiencing issue regarding a green screen when viewing the Paramount+ channel, please see this thread.

If you are experiencing a playback error on the Paramount+ channel, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Where do I send screenshots? My roku has been screwed up for 24 hours now. Only thing that plays is Spotify. I want credit on my subscriptions for time lost.

I have a roku ultra, barely a year old.

0 Kudos
aaustin912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

here are my responses to the request. really hope you can fix it, otherwise I’m buying another product 

If you are experiencing a playback error on the Paramount+ channel, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) Model: 3930RW-Roku Express
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button) several channels: Netflix version 5.1 build 105029012, Paramount version 7.9 build 202212122, Hulu version 6.66 build 0, Peacock version 4.1 build 12, Discovery+ version 3.9 build 0 - just to name a few
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID) - Hulu: GS-018-389, Peacock: GS-018-390, Discovery: GS-018-392, Paramount: GS-018-393, Netflix: GS-018-394
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing - I have tried everything to fix. System reset, factory reset, router reset, uninstall/reinstall channel. Nothing fixes and it happens every time I try to watch any show on these channels
0 Kudos