Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Express losing network connectivity.

Please be aware that we believe this issue is now resolved and invite you to see if you are still experiencing an issue with connectivity.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
GaryPet
Channel Surfer

Re: Same connection issue as everyone else

Jump to solution

May have solved the problem. 
Amazon Firesticks on sale on prime day, $16.99 each…..

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

roku still not working -- get message saying content disabled

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

roku still not working - the screen comes  up but can't open anything - netflix, prime, etc.  I put new batteries in remove but that did not help

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

4:45 - still not working

0 Kudos
Maine1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Whatever you did seems to have worked!!  I watched something on Prime last night and had no interruptions.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny,

Mine is back to normal as well. Actually mine has been fine since I changed to a static IP. Would it be possible to know what the issue was? Thanks for any information you can give. I know I have other companies I do business with that issue a "we are having issues" email on notice and when fixed give a "what the issue was" notice. You guys could do this in these blogs which would let us know you are aware of issues and working on it. 

Just my suggestion. Anyway thanks for the repairs.

Ron

0 Kudos
JCII
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Better, but not quite fixed because it happed again this morning.

it may have been a fluke, but once burned, twice leary. I won’t say it is fixed until it doesn’t happen for 3 days. I will give you credit for working on a fix, but 4-6 weeks of customer complaints is a little long to figure out what was long. I do understand the complexities of the issue, because I once was a programmer. My suggestion is, if you roll out a new version of software, you should be watching these boards for complaints, and put all efforts to fix them asap. Keeping the customer base is priority one. Happy customers make the investors happy, I am both of those.

I do like the platform, from what I read, the ROKU interface on a ROKU DEVICE is the easiest to navigate. I have been a user for several months, and have seen a couple of times where there was a major issue.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @daisey60187,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We would like to know more about how we can help. Could you please tell us more about your issue so we can better understand it? Also, what Roku device are you using, and what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We would appreciate your response regarding this matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MiniVan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I  have 2 Roku Streaming Stick+ (1 and 2 years old) model: 3810X
spectrum internet
Both have suddenly stopped staying connected to the internet. I can connect and the signal is listed as "excellent" but then it drops and becomes unconnected after a few seconds up to 1 minute. I can reconnect again, but then it just drops again. Nothing else in my apartment is having trouble connecting to the internet all other phones, tablets and computers connect with high speed.

I have tried: restarting the roku, factory resetting the roku, resetting all the network connections, resetting the router, moving the router to be literally be 10" away from the roku, changing the the Wi-Fi security from WPA2-PSK to WPA/WPA2-PSK , switching from the 5G to 2.4G, switching to the Channels to 1, 6, and 11. 

NOTHING HAS WORKED. Every single time, it will connect, say it has an excellent connection and then the status will suddenly switch from connected to not connected. And again it is ONLY the ROKUs not connecting. Everything else in my apartment connects just fine. I'm at my wits end.